• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Oakley Branded Original Display Case - LED Lighting, Air Filteration, Turntable, idock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting add-ons. For the forum u need to post a price though not a link to a auction. Good luck with sale

Some people reacted to this post.
Steal? Hmmm.

Username Hidden said:
If you are willing to pay $300 for a pair of glasses...then buying a cabinet at this price really is just an investment...

Agreed, but for that price, people here would be more receptive to a double wide with all that.

Username Hidden said:
countertops that revolve with a couple of lights sell on eBay for $1999
...in what universe? ... Keep in mind many of us here on OF have a couple of genuine Oakley cabs. Most of us are well aware of what these are worth. We generally frown on members criticizing folks about what they want to sell an item for. Many listings are subjective and we try to be mindful of that. That said, when someone goes and starts making laughable comments like that they kind of set themselves up for 'feedback'.

Username Hidden said:
In actual fact...this case provides more visualization because it has the 2 rotating shelves...
That is your opinion. An easy argument can be made that the rounded shelves take away from usable space.

Username Hidden said:
If you are willing to pay $300 for a pair of glasses..
I do not disagree with that comment at all. I have one cab that is worth more than all but a few of my pairs.

As I said before: "An interesting piece, but..."

and GLWS :)

In this universe....go on eBay and have a look...I don't make comments on threads with nil research...so not laughable at all...

The rounded shelves may take away a very limited amount of space...perhaps enough for 1 extra pair of glasses...but...when you use the square shelf space...how visible are the glasses when put behind others to use up the space...this is what I mean by more visualization...

I welcome feedback always...as long as it is civil and contructive...that is the best way to learn...

I am new here...but not new to the Oakley brand...oh...and I also have a degree in sales and marketing....so you will understand that I do kind of know what I am doing...

You are quite correct....it is all subjective....when I priced this piece I took many things into account...first and foremost...that is it a genuine Oakley...secondly....the condition and third the additions.....if someone was to have a person customize their case in the same way we have done here....taking materials and then manpower into account....and then...the fact that the filteration system has been uniquely engineered from scratch for this piece....it would cost a heck of a lot more than what we are asking....that is how I got to my price point....

Thank you for your feedback...

Last edited:
Be peaceful and kind to each other.
For sure this is a unique case, but for a high price. I hope you find someone with a big wallet and a great love for the brand.
Second won't be a problem, I bet. So good luck with selling.

Thank you very much...

I do realize that the price is higher than the normal display cases of this size...but I do honestly feel that it is well worth the money...so we shall see how it goes....

I feel like you would have a better chance selling this case to a store than an individual, in my experience Oakley cases are not very easy to sell unless the price is right. I have 2 of the Black double wides and 1 single metal like this minus the add-ons and people are not interested in paying more than $300 for the doubles and $200 for the single. It is a nice piece that you have made and put much time into but the average joe doesn't see that, some would say that altering it from the original decreases the value. Best of luck on the sale, sorry if this offends you in anyway and you do some wonderful work.

Maybe if you went into a little more detail on all of the work? It's kind of hard to tell from the photos how the lighting is run, where it connects, how the filtration works, where things are located, how the case is sealed, where the speaker interface and dock are located, how accessible they are, etc.

Things like the poorly trimmed matting on the bottom and interior shelf don't add much legitimacy for a high price tag. Seeing those items but nothing showing all the items you're talking about makes it look off or perhaps deceptive. Which may account for any negative comments or feedback you're getting. I mean that as constructive criticism. But I don't have a degree in sales and marketing, so what do I know?

Hi there...no not offended at all...

I guess the market for this stuff changes on a daily basis....very recently I saw a countertop version of our case...with no additions...not even a light...on eBay...they got over 35 bids and it did sell...for $350.... I think a lot of luck is involved....

I did put in the ad that it is suitable for private collectors or store display...I agree with you...I also think that stores would have more budget for stuff like this...that said...we are having a lot of interest mainly from private collectors..hopefully it will sell....we also have another similar case that we are working on that will be a wee bit different from this....

I agree with what you said about altering an original...we basically have tried not to alter the Oakley branding for example...I personally felt that, that needed to be kept intact in its original state...other alterations...for example the air filteration is all built into the case with no visual at all and does not affect the space aspect...

I am actually not sure how many shelves this model originally had...but ours now has 5...3 square and 2 revolving...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back