• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Oakley Branded Original Display Case - LED Lighting, Air Filteration, Turntable, idock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's badass...

not $1300 badass and probably not even $900 badass, but still badass.....

really good job on that case, ma'am :)

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
I think that's badass...

not $1300 badass and probably not even $900 badass, but still badass.....

really good job on that case, ma'am :)

Depends I guess on how much you value your collection...it has been said on this thread that you can buy a case like this with no bells and whistles for about 300....I just witnessed a countertop version actually sell on eBay the other day for near enough 400....without even as much as a light....every material we have used has been high quality...and the workmanship is first class....

Username Hidden said:
Don't come on here and hijack this lady's thread and feed us your bull$hit, telling her what members of this forum frown upon, like you've been here forever. She has every right to sell and say what she wants, for as much as she wants, just like you had a right to sell a couple of xmetal coins and cases for $200 more than they're worth. Don't be a fukkin' troll.

Like a boss... !!! I would have only added myself a "you mug" at the end,, but I am english. :eek:)

Username Hidden said:
Depends I guess on how much you value your collection...it has been said on this thread that you can buy a case like this with no bells and whistles for about 300....I just witnessed a countertop version actually sell on eBay the other day for near enough 400....without even as much as a light....every material we have used has been high quality...and the workmanship is first class....
very true - I'm sure someone from this forum wouldn't mind picking it up for the starting price...

the $1,000 parts and labor for the revolving pieces and speakers is a bit much for most, but probably just right for other people who like to spend money...

I'm interested in seeing what you have upcoming...

This is my opinion. please please no offence meant. Just want to help you produce a good sell-able product.

I like,, but honesty, think its a bit over kill. Air filtration and temperature control etc... they are sun glasses not bottles of wine. Think you should go for visuals more. like Dennis Panlilio said with a LCD screen or something trick.... some real killer sick paint job, metal flick, gold flick brushed, airbrush, some of Oakleys drawings for model mock-ups etc. think big....

No-one unless you tell them when they come in your home and see the cabinet that its had these extra features. Oakley sunnies are pretty much a look at my bad arse glasses.... they are a llok at me product. Think you should take the cabinet in that direction of your audience.... Oakley Fans. I've collected for 20yrs and that cabinet is cool, but wouldn't pay for that over my standard black Oakley one. even if they where the same price... just dont see any real benefit to what it offers. Think you should go with what oakleys fans want... high level design, high level visuals... plus the eletric juice to run that 24/7 or its useless buying for that in the 1st place. thats just too tech for me and maybe others.

would be like NASA sending out there 20 billion Mars Rover project down the shops to pick up a drive through... yes friggging cool, but quickly out lived.

good luck.

I find that those countertop cases are much harder to come by thus making them more expensive. The cubes even more so.

What Stewie said.

Username Hidden said:
This is my opinion. please please no offence meant. Just want to help you produce a good sell-able product.

I like,, but honesty, think its a bit over kill. Air filtration and temperature control etc... they are sun glasses not bottles of wine. Think you should go for visuals more. like Dennis Panlilio said with a LCD screen or something trick.... some real killer sick paint job, metal flick, gold flick brushed, airbrush, some of Oakleys drawings for model mock-ups etc. think big....

No-one unless you tell them when they come in your home and see the cabinet that its had these extra features. Oakley sunnies are pretty much a look at my bad arse glasses.... they are a llok at me product. Think you should take the cabinet in that direction of your audience.... Oakley Fans. I've collected for 20yrs and that cabinet is cool, but wouldn't pay for that over my standard black Oakley one. even if they where the same price... just dont see any real benefit to what it offers. Think you should go with what oakleys fans want... high level design, high level visuals... plus the eletric juice to run that 24/7 or its useless buying for that in the 1st place. thats just too tech for me and maybe others.

would be like NASA sending out there 20 billion Mars Rover project down the shops to pick up a drive through... yes friggging cool, but quickly out lived.

good luck.

Actually...considering the price of Oakley glasses and watches...they really should be treated like a fine bottle of wine....and that is the logic behind what we have done here...consider this....every single time you open the door of your cabinet...you introduce not only dust particles into the inside environment...but also other air pollutants....now...add to that that these cabinets are not sealed....what we have done here....is come up with a way to protect your investment....it cannot be good for the product either....having to continually clean them....my husband keeps his in the garage....imagine the amount of dust...

Btw....this is an original Oakley...not one we have actually built....we have basically customized it....the next one is also an original...you would be an idiot to paint over aluminum...and we have not added temp control...but...that is not a bad idea ;)

I disagree with you on your comment that the glasses are all look at my bad ass glasses...so...if you have a display in your house....you are gonna say look at my glasses...not look at my cool bad arse display of glasses? Not so I don't think....considering that we also added a turntable which I already said adds to the visual...

Of course....that is just my opinion and you are entitled to yours of course...and I respect it...

Username Hidden said:
I find that those countertop cases are much harder to come by thus making them more expensive. The cubes even more so.

Sorry...I don't agree....I have been able to find loads of countertops for sale...and not many free standing....although It just probably depends on what is out there at the time you look...

Username Hidden said:
very true - I'm sure someone from this forum wouldn't mind picking it up for the starting price...

the $1,000 parts and labor for the revolving pieces and speakers is a bit much for most, but probably just right for other people who like to spend money...

I'm interested in seeing what you have upcoming...

We didn't just add the turntable and speakers though...we also added the air filteration system...the built in idock...LED lighting the full length of the case including the storage unit underneath...and also sealed the whole case....a lot of work....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back