• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley C Six Question

Scott Miller

Oakley Beginner
Are all of the aluminum C Six the same color? I just purchased a pair and was surprised that they were very dark, almost black. Judging by the photos I have seen both here and on ebay, I was under the impression that they were silver (bare aluminum) in color. I still like them but I am trying to decide if I look like I am wearing the large cover up glasses that many older folks wear over their glasses. The dark frame and lens seem to give that impression. Did some come in silver or is this just the result of high intensity light/flash photography?

Post up some pics and the C-Six experts I'm sure will answer all your questions.

Are all of the aluminum C Six the same color? I just purchased a pair and was surprised that they were very dark, almost black. Judging by the photos I have seen both here and on ebay, I was under the impression that they were silver (bare aluminum) in color. I still like them but I am trying to decide if I look like I am wearing the large cover up glasses that many older folks wear over their glasses. The dark frame and lens seem to give that impression. Did some come in silver or is this just the result of high intensity light/flash photography?
Maybe you bought a C six Carbon?

Or a fake...

Here's the color I was expecting to get.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121273666133?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Is this photo an accurate representation of the color? Mine is very dark. I will post pics. It's definitely not a fake as it came with all the stuff and the serial number. I did get it from a seller in the UK. Possibly they were different colors overseas? I guess the most likely explanation is that the photos on the above auction are not accurate due to flash.

Having a box doesn't mean legit. The difference between a $100 fake and a $3000 fake is a $5 wood box. Though we haven't seen any fake C-6 that had all the fun bits.

Be interesting to see your pics.

Maybe the owner painted them?

So are you saying that they should be silver in color like the auction I posted above? Here are some quick pics. My cell phone wasn't doing the greatest job. I can take better pics tomorrow at work. If this is a fake, it is the best fake I have ever seen. Outer shipping box is an Oakley cardboard box with Oakley tape. Inner box is black with the sticker. Wood box with aluminum plaque with signatures and serial number. Blu-ray included.

IMG_1187.JPG

IMG_1189.JPG

There is a C SIX for sale on here now. He has several pictures. The first picture makes it look like bare bright silver aluminum

20140709_070202_zpstprwre7c.jpg

But the shots of him wearing them show a much darker grey aluminum. This is similar to what mine look like. I am assuming that the bright silver is a result of lighting and the dark grey color is accurate. Correct?

null_zpsba1e6e02.jpg

So are you saying that they should be silver in color like the auction I posted above? Here are some quick pics. My cell phone wasn't doing the greatest job. I can take better pics tomorrow at work. If this is a fake, it is the best fake I have ever seen. Outer shipping box is an Oakley cardboard box with Oakley tape. Inner box is black with the sticker. Wood box with aluminum plaque with signatures and serial number. Blu-ray included.

IMG_1187.JPG

IMG_1189.JPG
Looks fine to me. Post more photos of everything.

Back