• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Carbon Shift Replacement Lenses?

Phil Baker

Oakley Beginner
Hello Everyone,
This is my first post, soo.. HELLO!

I just have a question, Does anyone know if they make Carbon Shift Replacement Lenses.. if so, could you point me in the right direction (link maybe) to find them, I searched Google and didn't find any for them!?

Thanks, Phil B.

that's a REALLY new frame so you're not going to find that in the open market- when Oakley DOES produce replacement lenses (and they don't for all frames) it's months and months following the frame debut. Your best option would be to call Oakley Customer Service at 1-800-403-7449 and ask them what your options are- if they are willing to replace them you'd likely have to send the entire sunglass to them.

Only option is check eBay every few weeks . Lens pop up on eBay only . Maybe someone get RX lens done and sell the original lens on eBay for really cheap!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man I have the same issue...cant find them anywhere. I found a great deal on a pair of carbon Shifts, but they were with a basic lens and I want a polarized one. I took a chance hoping to be able to find a lens somewhere, or figuring Oakley would at least be willing to install one of the other lenses offered for the frame...but no luck so far. A bit ridiculous Id say...

This is going to be a model that frustrates people I think. Usually members of the forum always have an out- we just get lenses custom cut. But that's damn near prohibitively expensive with this model. And I've seen all of ONE pair of OEM lenses come up on eBay this year (last month someone stole a new pair of Torch Polarized for $55) but otherwise you're left to either pay best case something like $150+ best case for a cut or buying a pair with another lens and swapping it out. Personally I preferred to stick with a stock combo in the Matte Black and BIP because a) I thought the silver on the arms of that model helped it really pop and b) if I ever do want to swap out the BIP practically any lens can go in it colorwise....and I got the pair basically brand new for $60 so I couldn't pass that up- you can't buy a set of BIP lenses alone for any model for that price. But, again, I don't see replacement lenses on the horizon for this model so unless there becomes a less expensive custom cut option it's going to be tough sledding for customs or replacement.

So I spoke with a local dealer, who looked into it for me and called their distributor. Apparently(according to them) the Carbon Shift frame is or will be discontinued. Which may explain the great deal I got from Oakley on them. So...sadly extra lenses are probably not going to be any easier to find in the future. As far as replacement lenses available now....I asked for polarized options. they said only one option was Tungsten Iridium Polarized. Personally I am not a fan of that lens, especially in the matte black frame I have...so that is a no go for me personally...back to ebay it is.

So I spoke with a local dealer, who looked into it for me and called their distributor. Apparently(according to them) the Carbon Shift frame is or will be discontinued. Which may explain the great deal I got from Oakley on them. So...sadly extra lenses are probably not going to be any easier to find in the future. As far as replacement lenses available now....I asked for polarized options. they said only one option was Tungsten Iridium Polarized. Personally I am not a fan of that lens, especially in the matte black frame I have...so that is a no go for me personally...back to ebay it is.

Dang, discontinued?! But I suppose that makes sense...The O Store manager I talked to last night explained that they weren't selling very well in her store.

Back