• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Case

Nick Doughty

Oakley Beginner
Just purchased a new pair of Flaks from Sunglass Hut. Came with the standard hard shell case, but the case didn't have the insert thing in the bottom to securely hold the glasses or an extra set of lenses. Is this right or is this standard? All other pairs I have bought in the past cases had the inserts.

Thanks

Just depends on what case they decide to give you I guess. I actually prefer this style of case, those slots rubbing on my lenses sort of freaks me out.

Ok. So will the flaks fit in the slots my radars came in? Is it a universal thing or more geared to each type of lense?

Most of the new flaks are not coming with the foam cut outs for the array same case just no foam. I'm going to assume cost cutting measure it may be a small detail but will save the company thousands.

It has been indicated by others that they're no longer doing the lens cutouts because people were getting scratches on lenses. Even if it was because there was a foreign object in the foam, I could see how people would get mad at Oakley and it cause customer satisfaction issues. Easier to just remove it.

Yeah I never liked the foam rubbing on the lenses All my flaks except for the 2 hollowed out ones are in vault Last pair with slots was eagle Flaks I got and have since moved on to a worthier collector

I asked customer care why my recent SI Flak Jacket purchase did not include one with the foam insert:

Hello,

Thank you for your email regarding the Flak Jacket model. We confirm a change has taken place regarding the SI Flak Jacket and we will no longer be selling this item with the foam insert. I have notified our web team to update the description information online.

I'm not sure whether this applies for the SI only or for all Flak Jackets. Based on the replies here, it would seem it is for all of them.

I'm glad someone asked this also I wondering if the foam cut would scratch my new lenses now I know

Latest Posts

Back