• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Catalyst

hrspla

Oakley Enthusiast
Have you seen the new Oakley Catalyst Sunglasses? What are your impressions? Not my usual style but I like them.

Oakley_Catalyst_Sunglasses.jpeg

When you think about it, it makes you think why this hasn't been done already — the whole "O" being cut out.

or has it been done? A skim through the Frogskins section led me to believe it hasn't.

So we had heard that the square O was being phased out and now? A new square O model!

Honestly I'm getting "bored" about squared style. Holbrook, Valve, Chainlink, Sliver, Jupiter Squared, Fuel Cell, Turbine, and many more are almost all similar each other.
The old era when Oakley made Minute, Topcoat, Zeros, Mumbo and many others, where originality was a must, it seams forgotten.

visually they just look wrong to me. they have elegant curved orbitals and nose bridge, but chunky squared off stems. the two design styles don't mesh or flow.

its like a mullet of sunglasses, but the party is in the front and the business is in the back instead.

Last edited:
Here are some more pics and info on the Catalyst color ways:

Black Ink/+ Red Iridium
Oakley_Catalyst_BlackInk_PositiveRedIridium.jpeg

Matte Black/Ruby iridium
Oakley_Catalyst_MatteBlack_RubyIridium.jpeg

Polished Black/24K Gold Iridium
Oakley_Catalyst_Polished_Black_24K.jpeg

Polished Black/Black iridium
Oakley_Catalyst_PolishedBlack_BlackIridium.jpeg

Steel/Chrome Iridium
Oakley_Catalyst_Steel_ChromeIridium.jpeg