• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Review Oakley Chop Saw Mule / Braindead

Shady Day

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Setting up a thread just for these releases today. The other was about the Flesh model and frankly getting confusing.

So these are still available on Oakley.com with 30 day returns and cheaper than Braindead. Some sizes of black sold out.

I question the quality and will compare to my Flesh when they arrive. The Flesh are garbage quality and if these are the same they will be going back too.

I purchased my Flesh from another site which does not allow returns. I will not do that again. Here are the links to the two mule models available on Oakley.com

Here is the release email with links:

Images

IMG_6726.gif

IMG_6727.gif

Only 6.5, 7, 8 and 12.5 left in black on Oakley.com. Braindead has a few other sizes left for 35% more money. I am sure Oakley loves the final sale/no returns policy on Braindead. Is it just me or is that company name very fitting?

IMG_6729.jpeg

When people get there white/grey pairs, please send me a picture of the box label. Im adding these to the O review DB but need those SKU #'s

My Review:

Received both pairs of the Oakley.com Chopsaw releases. (Black and Maroon/espresso)

I am consistently a shoe size 12 including other Oakley shoes. First off, these definitely do fit a half size big. I ordered 11.5 in the black ostrich and 12 in the maroon. My toes still have a bit of room in the 11.5 and lots of room in the 12.

However, the material in the black ostrich makes them feel looser so my foot actually slides around more in the black compared to the maroon . The maroon feel more snug around the top and the heel does not slip up and down as badly.

The question as to whether these will rip around the foot opening like the Flesh shoes… while the material around the opening feels the same as the Flesh, the Chopsaw Mule’s have less foam inside the opening so they feel like the seem is holding better. Also the nature of the Flesh slip on design is that the heel is high and tight so there is a ton of pressure on that front opening when taking the shoes on and off. The mules are different as your foot easily slides under the front opening without a lot of pressure on the seam. None really.

These have a pretty cool look but I really question how functional they are as shoes. I haven’t worn mules before but like sandals, the heel slips up and down as you walk. A bit more firm in the Jaquards but still the design means the heel lifts up with each step. You are not winning any sprints with these on and my guess is that a fall down the stairs could be imminent. They are certainly a casual shoe but not a beach or lake shoe. So when would you actually wear these? Out to the movies or just loafing around the house?

I like the look of the black better but the foot slides around a lot more. I guess it’s the calf leather material of the black compared to the polyurethane material in the Jaquards.

Black is now sold out on North American Oakley. Few sizes of the other still left. I would suggest a half size down for sure. Oakley says these are “highly functional and nimble… perfect balance between fashion and function”. I do get the non-conformism/fashion suggestion but function I will have to figure out in next 2 weeks or they will be getting returned.

IMG_6815.jpeg

IMG_6816.jpeg

IMG_6817.jpeg

IMG_6818.jpeg

IMG_6820.jpeg

IMG_6821.jpeg

Latest Posts

Back