• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Cleaning Kit

So cleaning your lenses with 70% alcohol is not a good idea?

Only asking because I read an online article about uses for rubbing alcohol and it mentioned cleaning your lenses with it ...

I think there is just a disconnect with the general public and o-wearers on this. Tons of companies make lint-free smear-free alcohol wipes for glass/polycarbonate lenses and electronics, but allegedly these wipes (or anything containing a significant amount of rubbing alcohol for that matter) can damage the various types of coatings that Oakley puts on their lenses. That being said I have used these types of wipes on a couple pairs of daily glasses for years now and not had any sort of issue.

I think there is just a disconnect with the general public and o-wearers on this. Tons of companies make lint-free smear-free alcohol wipes for glass/polycarbonate lenses and electronics, but allegedly these wipes (or anything containing a significant amount of rubbing alcohol for that matter) can damage the various types of coatings that Oakley puts on their lenses. That being said I have used these types of wipes on a couple pairs of daily glasses for years now and not had any sort of issue.
Thanks for your input - appreciate it ...

Back