• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley clear frames with transitions

Skydazed

Oakley Beginner
Hi, I just bought the Centerboard clear plastic eyeglasses as I now need progressives for reading. However, I am a mail lady and am used to always wearing polarized sunglasses out of the office.
When I chose the glasses at the local eyeglass store, it was a real mess as the lady did not know what she was doing. 2 hours later after her finally realizing I have insurance and getting it in the system right, my order was placed… my first day wearing them was an easy transition and I can see much better. However the brightness is way too bright, I wish I was offered the transitioning lenses as well as no glare. I went into an authorized Oakley Dealer today and asked my questions with little knowledge returned. My main question is what will the clear lenses look like with a slightly tinted lens in them? I understand the transitions don’t get completely clear.
I plan to return these and order them directly thru Oakley, but I want to be sure since they will not offer refunds.
TIA

Hi, I just bought the Centerboard clear plastic eyeglasses as I now need progressives for reading. However, I am a mail lady and am used to always wearing polarized sunglasses out of the office.
When I chose the glasses at the local eyeglass store, it was a real mess as the lady did not know what she was doing. 2 hours later after her finally realizing I have insurance and getting it in the system right, my order was placed… my first day wearing them was an easy transition and I can see much better. However the brightness is way too bright, I wish I was offered the transitioning lenses as well as no glare. I went into an authorized Oakley Dealer today and asked my questions with little knowledge returned. My main question is what will the clear lenses look like with a slightly tinted lens in them? I understand the transitions don’t get completely clear.
I plan to return these and order them directly thru Oakley, but I want to be sure since they will not offer refunds.
TIA
I personally think if you do Gray transitions, or Gray transitions XtrActive they'll look good. This is because the centerboard is a true crystal clear, and will match better w cool colors (NOT BROWN TRANSITIONS, that's a warm color). Also the centerboard clear has a silver icon, this will tie in well with the gray transitions. Making more of a fashion statement.

I have three pairs of Transition glasses and they can be pretty good but I'm not sure I would go Transitions if I only had one pair. I don't have the XrtActive so mine won't darken when I'm in a vehicle. I have dedicated Rx sunglasses too which I always have to grab for driving.

My Transitions do seem to go completely clear when inside. I don't care for how they look when they are transitioning. I have had a few odd times with them when I was under a partially shaded area and one lens (the one in the sun) went dark while other stayed clear. I also had a "perforated" shading happening when I was under a perforated shade ...

TIA
Just some input, Oakley honors prescription returns or exchanges within 60 days online or at an Oakley store. So if you don't like them you shouldn't have a problem

Back