• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Those had originality, daring style and soul.
To us, and a select few, but nobody bought OTT, I remember I was at the sunglasses store multiple times a week back then,but they also had the frog skin, considered a classic, but were a copy of classic ray bans from that era. Not bold nor daring, and if put out now by Lux, this forum would no doubt call them unoriginal garbage, that copy mainstream styles. These are daring, maybe I’m out of the loop, but I don’t recall seeing glasses like these around. May not have soul to us or style for that matter, but neither did the plates, or OTT or scars to vast majority of consumers when they launched, and the list goes on and on for what would be low selling models. I would also argue that if Jannard was involved in making these or anything on the list, people would lauded him a hero and the mad scientist and then shave a portrait of him in their pubey hair.

To us, and a select few, but nobody bought OTT, I remember I was at the sunglasses store multiple times a week back then,but they also had the frog skin, considered a classic, but were a copy of classic ray bans from that era. Not bold nor daring, and if put out now by Lux, this forum would no doubt call them unoriginal garbage, that copy mainstream styles. These are daring, maybe I’m out of the loop, but I don’t recall seeing glasses like these around. May not have soul to us or style for that matter, but neither did the plates, or OTT or scars to vast majority of consumers when they launched, and the list goes on and on for what would be low selling models. I would also argue that if Jannard was involved in making these or anything on the list, people would lauded him a hero and the mad scientist and then shave a portrait of him in their pubey hair.
If you can get him to come back I will gladly volunteer for the portrait! :rofl:

Who's looking at these generic, uninspired things and saying " Damn !!! " like I did the first time I saw the Scar, Plate or Valve 1.0 and making an immediate purchase ?

Really can't imagine that happening.

Last edited:
Who's looking at these generic, uninspired things and saying " Damn !!! " like I did the first time I saw the Scar, Plate or Valve 1.0 an making an immediate purchase ?

Really can't imagine that happening.
The same people who buy Porsche suvs 5 to one over EVERY 911 model. Not the 911 model but all of them combined. I’d argue that just like Porsche makes the Macan and the absolutely uninspired Cayenne, just so they can keep making the 911. So did Jannard with the frog. Hell they stopped making their signature flashy colors in the 90s because that’s what the fashion style dictated, people wanted boring generic grey or black frames. My buddies all have kids that play competitive baseball, and guess what frames they all want. The one referenced in this thread as being absolute trash. The Sutro. 11-14 year old boys can’t get enough Of this ****, just like I couldn’t get enough of switching the arms of my razor blades and pretending I was the Boz, all the while my parents rolled their eyes. Who would of thought anybody would wear Pit Vipers, yet here we are, and don’t even get me started on the leather Mars, Jordan himself couldn’t pull those off.

D358D941-31ED-41EC-AEF7-E5AA18D9840E.jpeg

Back