• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley.com can't do sunglasses for me but LensCrafters could?

Patches O'Houlihan

Oakley Beginner
Any idea why Oakley.com can't handle my prescription but LensCrafters was able to do it just fine?

When my order was first cancelled I thought it might be the wrap of the Fuel Cell I ordered online versus the much flatter Holbrook XL I got from LC, but I asked Oakley what else would work and they said nothing, my script wasn't compatible with any of their sunglasses. I would understand if there was something that needed to be measured in person like OC height but that's not what they said lol.

I'm starting to wonder if they just misread my script? I caught a sale and didn't have my PD handy so I did order first and when I went to do the script later it just had me upload a picture of it instead of also typing it in.

Luckily for me they did give me a 30% off coupon that I would be more than willing to put toward the Double Edge I actually wanted so I'm probably going to just try again, but I wanted to ask the real experts here first since Oakley customer service doesn't seem to know what they are talking about...

Rx (same used for the order and the pair I have):
OD Sph -2.50 Cyl -0.75 Axis 119
OS Sph -2.50 Cyl -1.50 Axis 074
PD 63

Cancelled Oakley.com Order:
Fuel Cell​
Fit: Regular - High Bridge Fit
Size: M (60 - 19)
Frame Color: Black Ink
Lens: PRIZM™ Ruby Polarized
Use: Single Vision
Thickness: Plutonite® 1.59 Thin
Treatments: Anti-scratch,UV Protection,Oakley Stealth™ Pro

Cancellation Email:
We are sorry to inform you that your order has been canceled. We are unable to support your prescription online in the frame and lenses purchased.

Response from Customer Service when I asked which frames would work:
I'm sorry to see there was any issue with your recent order. Looking into the details, it appears the prescription is out of range for our sunglass frames. You are welcome to make a new order, but we would recommend selecting one of our eyeglass frames and select a transition/photochromic lens option.

LC Receipt for my Holbrook I wear every day:
OO9417 59 HOLBROOK XL , BLK Mat, BLK M P
SV Oakley PRIZM Polar Black
Oakley Single Vision
P1.59 Oakley Prizm Polar Black
UV400
Scratch Resistant
Prizm Black Mirror
Oakley Tint 3 Solid
Oakley Stealth BSAR
Oakley Polar
Digital Lens Processing
Oakley Logo Etch

Doesn't make any sense. Your Rx isn't that bad at all. I went into the Oakley site and it let me enter the Rx and select your lenses just fine.

At least when I was getting glasses for my wife the site did a decent job of barfing on orders it didn't think it could fill or restricting the kinds of lenses you could purchase once you had your Rx entered.

Screen Shot 2022-10-10 at 9.59.59 PM.png

Good idea, thanks! I thought those were just dumb boxes, but apparently my astigmatism is worse than I thought. It says Double Edge are out of range right away. 😭 I'm thinking they rejected my Rx correctly at the lab but customer service didn't really look at why and it really is some issue with my cylinder and the base curve of the glasses.

It will let me order Turbines, they weren't my first choice but there's a colorway that's growing on me that I might try just because if I can decide on a lens color. It also doesn't reject Mainlink XL but I didn't see any colors I like and while Holbrook XL also works and ofc I did see a different color I like I really wanted a different style for my second pair lol.

Would love to know if Chris doesn't know what Oakley.com is smoking and can do Double Edge and Fuel Cell (in order of preference) he seems like a dude who deserves a chunk of Lux's money since they don't want to just take it from me directly and I guess I will ask SportRx for another opinion too.

Any idea why Oakley.com can't handle my prescription but LensCrafters was able to do it just fine?

When my order was first cancelled I thought it might be the wrap of the Fuel Cell I ordered online versus the much flatter Holbrook XL I got from LC, but I asked Oakley what else would work and they said nothing, my script wasn't compatible with any of their sunglasses. I would understand if there was something that needed to be measured in person like OC height but that's not what they said lol.

I'm starting to wonder if they just misread my script? I caught a sale and didn't have my PD handy so I did order first and when I went to do the script later it just had me upload a picture of it instead of also typing it in.

Luckily for me they did give me a 30% off coupon that I would be more than willing to put toward the Double Edge I actually wanted so I'm probably going to just try again, but I wanted to ask the real experts here first since Oakley customer service doesn't seem to know what they are talking about...

Rx (same used for the order and the pair I have):
OD Sph -2.50 Cyl -0.75 Axis 119
OS Sph -2.50 Cyl -1.50 Axis 074
PD 63

Cancelled Oakley.com Order:
Fuel Cell​
Fit: Regular - High Bridge Fit
Size: M (60 - 19)
Frame Color: Black Ink
Lens: PRIZM™ Ruby Polarized
Use: Single Vision
Thickness: Plutonite® 1.59 Thin
Treatments: Anti-scratch,UV Protection,Oakley Stealth™ Pro

Cancellation Email:

Response from Customer Service when I asked which frames would work:

LC Receipt for my Holbrook I wear every day:

OO9417 59 HOLBROOK XL , BLK Mat, BLK M P
SV Oakley PRIZM Polar Black
Oakley Single Vision
P1.59 Oakley Prizm Polar Black
UV400
Scratch Resistant
Prizm Black Mirror
Oakley Tint 3 Solid
Oakley Stealth BSAR
Oakley Polar
Digital Lens Processing
Oakley Logo Etch
Wow

In my experience the standard Oakley website is lacking for customization options in general, unless ur ordering one of the super popular frames.

Latest Posts

Back