• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley.com getting sloppy....

DrtyHarry

Oakley Expert
Had an order places for 5 Juliet frame accessory kits. Been waiting for over 5 months. Every 3 weeks, I get an email telling me it's been pushed back. So...I finally get an email telling me my order is going to ship! 24 hrs. later, I get another email telling me they had a problem with the PayPal transaction, and that the order was cancelled, and is now out of stock again. Really??? I called them, told them that I had almost $1000 just sitting in my PayPal account. All they said was, "sorry for the inconvenience". And they said they can place a new order for me....and they will be kind enough to give me 20% off. I told them that isn't all that kind, I have a 20% off coupon code I can use. I just want the rubber for my Julies!! Not much I could do...so they placed another order for me, gave me 20% off, and am back on back order. Will I get them before the end of the year? I'm guessing no. I have a few kits, but I have more frames than kits. Looks like I may end up turning to Linegear...

Oakley.com has always been sloppy, nothing new there. Your experience above has happened to me 3 or 4 times on different orders (not specifically paypal, just backordered items in general), and the response is always "sorry not sure why that happened but we can place a new order for you".

Welcome to the chaos that is trying to buy Oakley stuff online. All their payment processing is garbage, with the old vault site being the worst offender.

I can't remember if there is a thread though about how online ordering from Oakley is basically a crapshoot but there have been quite a few people who have had hell when ordering online.

I can't remember if there is a thread though about how online ordering from Oakley is basically a crapshoot but there have been quite a few people who have had hell when ordering online.
At one point that's about all the grinds my gears thread was for.

Back