• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Concept........The Future Could Be Interesting Looking At These

The really interesting part is that this flies in the face of everything we've been hearing about the brand. Losing its purist roots, leaning more toward fashion and sales.

If they launch anything even remotely similar with hyper-aggressive orbitals and outside of conventional design I'll be happy.

Agree! Is it just me or have the designs from the past 5-7 years been a little stale and done before? Don't get me wrong, a few of them out there are okay IMO, but ever since the gascans came out it almost seems as if Oakley has been playing it safe with their designs. I remember and miss the days of the early 2000's when Oakley was coming out with these crazy out of the box designs such as the X-Metals, Scars, Plates, Overthetops, Half Jackets, Whys, etc. Now, it's stuff that we've seen from back in the 80's and glasses that we used to make fun of cause they were being sold in gas stations and toy stores for decades for like a $1. Maybe it's just me, but I would like to see Oakly take those chances once again in making designs that tested the limits of eyewear.

Agree! Is it just me or have the designs from the past 5-7 years been a little stale and done before? Don't get me wrong, a few of them out there are okay IMO, but ever since the gascans came out it almost seems as if Oakley has been playing it safe with their designs. I remember and miss the days of the early 2000's when Oakley was coming out with these crazy out of the box designs such as the X-Metals, Scars, Plates, Overthetops, Half Jackets, Whys, etc. Now, it's stuff that we've seen from back in the 80's and glasses that we used to make fun of cause they were being sold in gas stations and toy stores for decades for like a $1. Maybe it's just me, but I would like to see Oakly take those chances once again in making designs that tested the limits of eyewear.
There have been a lot of discussions about this. Oakley doesn't need to be outlandish, they've established their popularity and just need to churn out tired fashion pairs to make a profit.

I dig the cycling ones with the Halo-style (See halo headbands) sweat re-direction band. It'd be cool for runners too in a fastjacket, not just the radars.

looks interesting, not sure how the "clip and pull" part on the back would work though.

Also not sure about the sweat redirect, would have to hug your brow which seems weird to me

I dig the cycling ones with the Halo-style (See halo headbands) sweat re-direction band. It'd be cool for runners too in a fastjacket, not just the radars.

If those actually work, the sweat re-direction they will be worth their weight in gold. I hate when I'm about to go up a climb and I have to decide if I want to leave my glasses on and have sweat drip ont the lens just to have to stop at the top and clean them or to go ahead and take them off and climb without my sunglasses on.

Back