• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Craigslist Scams

This is the $h!+ I find on my local CL...Oakleys

yeah typical "I paid this/MSRP is actually" and "I bought it for this".

Others are:
"These are the real deal/authentic"
"No low ballers"
"Don't waste my time with spam"
"(some half-assed lens name)"
"Polarized!"
"Great for _____"

I mean sure enough other stuff like shoes and high-end brand stuff will have the same kind of BS, but Oakley stuff is pretty clear-cut compared to most. Like, just look up the SKU or check O-R, and it's painfully obvious for most pairs. Years CL and eBay in general have have generally made me more pressed to see through ads/pitches and just find bare facts to reference.

....yet ironically I work retail right now where I have to make pitches and such, and was trained on that over product knowledge which is something expected to come on the fly.

flagging them wont remove them. In fact Ive noticed it takes 5 flags from separate IP addresses to remove a listing. Ive done it with proxies but its really not worth the effort, it wont ban the email address of the seller.
The amount im on CL means I just get used to the fakes. The guy does have nice countertops however.
Scored an ICE polarized juliet over the weekend off CL for $160.
Also got a mars for $100, Case for $100, polished PB for $150, Copper Judge for $100 blah blah blah.

Ive found a couple of super finds. Actually just recently. A pair of Juliets, Zeros and Fives. Oh, and thats where I grabbed my tower too. The key is to stare at your computer and hit refresh every minute. Which I do way to much of!

About 5 years ago when I was first getting into Oakleys Craigslist was the shizz in my area! Mint Titanium Spikes for $40, NIB Bob Burnqist GasCans for $25, like-new Pit Boss with box and all for $180, Ryan Sheckler Sideways for $30 (guy wasn't even there - just left them on his work desk, gave me the address and told me to leave the cash there if I liked them). The last good deal was a pair of Romeo 2's + x-metal box which if I recall correctly was also $180.

Nowadays there isn't much up at all. I've seen a few fake Jawbones but other than that mostly just steep prices for genuine pairs that just aren't that special.

Strangely though Craigslist has blocked me from their site a few times lately. I've noticed its typically after I post something for free and get an influx of replies in a short period of time. Since Craigslist has no customer service to speak of, when this happens there's literally nothing I can do other than hope they let me back on in a couple days. This happened to anyone else?

Back