• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley crankcase link removal from the stainless steel bracelet

kynobi

Oakley Beginner
Howdy
The manual says to send the watch to Oakley to remove links and perhaps that needs to be done but I would think that link removal would be a DIY project. Can someone familiar with this please let me know how it is done?

That one is pretty straight forward, you just need the little hammer and the pin pusher (can't recall the actual name). I'd avoid the hassle and take it to a decent watch store, they can do it in les than 5 minutes and it will probably cost a fraction of what the tools will run you. BTW welcome to the forum

That one is pretty straight forward, you just need the little hammer and the pin pusher (can't recall the actual name). I'd avoid the hassle and take it to a decent watch store, they can do it in les than 5 minutes and it will probably cost a fraction of what the tools will run you. BTW welcome to the forum

Thank you sir- I have the chronograph version of this watch and recently got one of the ladies version for my wife.
It is a little loose on her so a link needs to go. I already have a cheapo watch repair kit that i purchased on amazon.
Looking at the watch I am sure the pins do not screw in/out.
I think i am gonna give it a go. So you are saying just push them through / these aren't pressure pins ?
thanks again

Thank you sir- I have the chronograph version of this watch and recently got one of the ladies version for my wife.
It is a little loose on her so a link needs to go. I already have a cheapo watch repair kit that i purchased on amazon.
Looking at the watch I am sure the pins do not screw in/out.
I think i am gonna give it a go. So you are saying just push them through / these aren't pressure pins ?
thanks again

not sure if this has been mentioned but there may be arrows on the back of the link that shows which way to push them out......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes just pushing, thats how it used to work on the Blade, Judge and GMT, I'm guessing that the crankcase works the same since it is from the same time period (2005ish)

Back