• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Crankcase Question ...

Well, I am 6'5", 330lbs, ... so my face is a 'lil big, as might be seen in my avatar where I am wearing my Valve's ... & they fit amazingly ... I can wear them for days, & never even realize they are on, same with my old Eye Jack 3.0's, & now FMJ 5.56's.

But now I am wondering about these - apparently - "newer" Valve's. Has Oakley pretty much kept the Valve's the same width for the most part?

oakleyVALVEs_zpsbea30bbb.jpg
oakleyVALVEs1_zpsdce0cd1c.jpg

Well, I am 6'5" tall, & 330lbs ... & my face is a tad wide ... as some maybe can see in my avatar - me wearing my Valve's, ... which I absolutely love.

But a new question I have is has Oakley pretty much kept the sizes the same throughout the years with each model? I found another set of Valve's, but they are definitely a different style - probably newer than mine, but they look like they are nice & wide like the ones I have ... Any thoughts?

Images didn't work. As long as there isn't some model change Oakley usually keeps the same size for their frames with the same name. There are some frames that might not be true for but as a general rule it should be.

Also, the more I read your posts the more I think you'd be happiest with a Fuel Cell. The frame is just a little bigger in all directions, and more comfortable on a wider head. Looks about the same as the Crankcase except it doesn't have the cutaway on the stems.

Images didn't work. As long as there isn't some model change Oakley usually keeps the same size for their frames with the same name. There are some frames that might not be true for but as a general rule it should be.

Also, the more I read your posts the more I think you'd be happiest with a Fuel Cell. The frame is just a little bigger in all directions, and more comfortable on a wider head. Looks about the same as the Crankcase except it doesn't have the cutaway on the stems.

I fixed them. :) Sorry.

The new style valves that were just released are bigger and should fit your face very well. They are a much diff look than your original valves though. They are similar in fit to the fuel cell. Go to the Oakley site and check them out. I think you will like them.

All of the frames in the automotive sounding lineup are squared off. Fuel cell, crankcase, gas can, etc. Here's the full list of fuel cell frames.
O-Review

The new style valves that were just released are bigger and should fit your face very well. They are a much diff look than your original valves though. They are similar in fit to the fuel cell. Go to the Oakley site and check them out. I think you will like them.

Lemme see what that link shows me ...

I had just gone to Oakley.com & "put together" a custom pair of polarized Fuel Cell's ... Matt Black w/ Ice Iridiums lenses. I think I would really like them ... & they look like they would be really nice on a "wider" head.

Back