• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Crankcase Question ...

I both have the old valves and the crankcase..although I have a small face, I think I'm just comfortable with it cause it looks good on me..
I can't wear my valve now with my old and ruined lens though..

The Fuel Cells, according to some, fit my face but, I felt that they were too wide for my face. Maybe this is due to the more "rectangular" shape of the lenses. However, the new Valve fits my face extremely well. The height to width ration of the frames is really complimentary with my facial features.

I tried on the Carbon Blade (a little too wide and a little too small on the height of the lenses), the Chainlink (just too big for me overall - too wide but it might be good for someone with a "big" head), the Valve (fits me very well), and the Crankshaft (this pair was the most disappointing because it was touted as a replacement for the Crankcase, and the Crankcase fit me nicely, but the Crankshaft didn't sit well on my face at all. There was a large gap at the bridge of the nose where the frame is supposed to meet / rest on my nose, and this pair seemed to be thin / not very well proportioned for height and length).

I'm glad I tried on all these different models. Based on the just the descriptions, I may have ordered the Crankshaft and, I would have been very disappointed in the way they actually fit me. If at all possible, try on what you are interested in purchasing before you buy them.

Back