• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley crankcase

sheaf700r

Oakley Beginner
Looking for a way to make these fit a little tighter on my face. When I sweat they slide off my face. I wear these every day as they are clear perscription lens. Please anyone can help

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Looking for a way to make these fit a little tighter on my face. When I sweat they slide off my face. I wear these every day as they are clear perscription lens. Please anyone can help

I would recommend getting a different pair that has earsocks at the least. That would prevent them from sliding off your face. The pair you currently wear do not have anything on the frame that helps it stay on your face especially when you’re sweating. Aside from that , you could try heating them up and bending them inward a little but that might not be enough. Are you using them for sports/workouts or something?

They are my everyday eyeglasses they have prescription lenses.

They are my everyday eyeglasses they have prescription lenses.

I understand what you’re saying but that frame probably wasn’t a good choice from the beginning. Most RX specific frames have rubber earsocks for that reason. It’s kind of like having an everyday sedan and wanting to haul 10 kids around in it. Aside from getting a different frame, maybe you can adhere some rubber to the arms somehow.

Take some clear coat and add small layers to the inside of the hinges so it prevents the stems from opening the whole way. This will make them tighter on your head...

Remove the arms, run a line of tape around each arm at the middle. Then coat the exposed arm ends with plastidip. Spray in light coats at a slightly further than recommended distance to achieve a textured finish. I imagine that may help SOME. But i also imagine human oils would break plastidip down rather quickly.

However it just peels off so if it fails just recoat.

Back