• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

RexxCastle

Oakley Expert
Released in 2014, the Oakley Crankshaft follows in the footsteps of the Gascan and the Fuel Cell as an everyday lifestyle frame. And at first glance, you’d almost mistake the Crankshaft sunglasses for the Oakley Fuel Cell. But there are some big differences!
Read more in our complete Oakley Crankshaft review plus our comparison of all 3 frames!

Oakley Crankshaft Highlights

Full-rimmed lifestyle design with a lightweight O Matter frame
Three-point fit provides precise optical alignment on your face
High Definition Optics (HDO) for superior clarity lenses with no distortion
Plutonite lenses that provide 100% UV protection against UVA, UVB and UVC rays plus harmful blue light up to 400nm
Great frame for medium and large faces thanks to it’s larger size

Oakley-Crankshaft-1024x614.jpg
Oakley...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
First off have any of you Employees touched these yet? I am curious if the lens are a little bit shorter than Fuel cell? They look like they are . My hope is that they look in between Fuel Cell and Gascan as far as lenses and fit close to a Fuel Cell.
What are these ?

Those are so sick. This is the first time in quite a while I've been excited about a new Oakley release.

Oops I see these are the crank SHAFT not case..my mistake I guess the case does not live...

Last edited:
Dear Oakley,

If I looked at these quickly while walking by a shop, I would have seen a Gascan. Or a Gascan S. Or a Fuel Cell. Whatever conclusion I would have reached, it certainly wouldn't have made me stop. Please take a risk on a new design.

Sincerely,

Bored-with-iterative-design Guy

Back