• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Crosshair 1.0 Ducati Earsocks and Icons

alistairgene

Oakley Enthusiast
The original Crosshairs have always been one of my favorites - aviators but not Ray Ban knockoffs.
I just got this used pair online, $47.50, excellent condition - silver frame, black iridium lenses, black icons. When they arrived and upon closer inspection, I noticed the lens says Ducati. I called the seller and he said they belonged to his uncle and the "sides" used to be red.
So it looks like I got me a Ducati edition. I would now like to restore it. Does anyone have the Ducati red icons and red earsocks?
20221015_150755.jpg
20221015_150831.jpg
20221015_150849.jpg

Yes, the Crosshair 1.0 with it’s shape is the best looking. You will have a hard time finding ear socks and new lenses with Ducati etching,, they do not grow on trees anymore..
I don’t know why you have rubber and icon in black if that was originally Ducati frame….

72E7CB2B-7FE4-4EF2-8F07-1E7215600CAE.jpeg

Yes, the Crosshair 1.0 with it’s shape is the best looking. You will have a hard time finding ear socks and new lenses with Ducati etching,, they do not grow on trees anymore..
I don’t know why you have rubber and icon in black if that was originally Ducati frame….

View attachment 1003962
Seller said it was a hand-me-down from his uncle. The earsocks had tears and was sticky so he had it replaced. He didn't think it was a big deal that it was red so he got black ones instead. And to match the earsocks he had the icons painted black (Ouch!). He then used it twice but found them heavy compared to his plastic pairs (Holbrook) so he put them away and forgot he had them.
Oh, and the lenses are still fine, almost flawless. I'm just looking for the icons and earsocks.
Yours look NICE! 👍😎

View attachment 1003965
Oh, and I like the Crosshair 1.0 so much these are actually my third pair. Haha! I have pewter, chrome and now this Ducati.

You may find the icons at eBay but socks would be hard
Actually, I did find the icons, and yes, on Ebay. Just wanted to ask around since I'm still waiting to get paid next week.
The earsocks, though, is there a specific Ducati red earsocks or as long as it's genuine red Oakley earsocks for the Crosshairs it's fine?

As far as I know only the Ducati edition using the red socks

Back