• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Oakley Crosshair 1.0 / Gen 1

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Looking for the first generation Oakley Crosshair released a few years back, the gen 1 or 1.0 version (not 2.0 or 2012).

Some people reacted to this post.
Oooooh, thanks Cult89 but they're a bit pricey for me. I plan to change the lenses to Titanium Iridium Polarized which is (+$90) on the cost.

I suppose I would prefer a used but in great condition frame.

I think Monster's is a good price, I'm back into crosshairs and they just don't come cheaper than 100 in good condition, if you wanna pay less than 50-70 bucks for a frame I don't think it'll come in nice condition.
Good luck..!!

Holy crap, is it true that there are 2 versions of the Oakley Crosshair 1.0? One version of which has the lens popping out easily?

Which means that the OakleyVault lenses possibly won't fit a frame I'd get?

There has been a problem with the lens shape indeed. This has happened to the Crosshair and the (ti) Whisker.

@oakleyandi; thanks :)

there is a variation with gen1 crosshair- one with no sizing info on the arm- this is initial release with smaller lenses. later release has sizing on arm-slightly larger lens. you can tell which lens is which- initial release has hand- cut edges, later release lenses has a machine L- cut groove. do not try to swap lenses between variants- it will fit but it wont close properly (causing damage to thread and screw because you have to force it to make it work) or lenses will be loose.

there is a o-review wiki on this. i will update with pictures tomorrow.

Hey, I have a few sets of replacement lenses - how do I tell which are for which?

Username Hidden said:
Hey, I have a few sets of replacement lenses - how do I tell which are for which?

read my above post oakster- hand-finished rounded edges are initial release, machine cut " L" edges are later release.

btw if you have the hand finished initial release lenses i need some :)

Here are some pics - I think they're probably the newer.
DSC05573.jpg

DSC05572.jpg

Back