• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley crosshair screw size

Jp404

Oakley Beginner
Hi everyone I need some help. Scored a pair of oakley crosshair frames on eBay , a screw fell out during shipment and the seller is willing to ship me some new ones but he knows nothing about it and needs to know the screw size.

Does it matter what generation they are ? I actually don't know but I could upload some pics later if that can help.

Any help appreciated.

IMG_20160727_205106.jpg
IMG_20160727_204901~2.jpg

Let me know what they say. I called warranty department and they are about useless they told me they since that frame has been discontinued they don't stock screws. But I could buy a new frame and get 20% off

Let me know what they say. I called warranty department and they are about useless they told me they since that frame has been discontinued they don't stock screws. But I could buy a new frame and get 20% off

YEP. he knew nothing. very frustrating, and could not even direct me to somebody in the company who MUST KNOW SOMETHING. an email for joe smoe over at manufacturing would have been nice.

do they not keep the records of which parts they used to build sunglasses (Even if discontinued) ??

the best "advice" i got from him was " 8:09:33 PM :
agent.png
Chad C: you can try going to one of our optical dealers such as lenscrafters or pearl vision."

oh and i thought this was funny.....

how stupid i must be to think i could get FREE LENSES LOL!

8:07:58 PM :
agent.png
Chad C: we would only offer a frame replacement for our glasses.

8:09:33 PM :
agent.png
Chad C: you can try going to one of our optical dealers such as lenscrafters or pearl vision.

8:09:56 PM :
user1.png
greg h: well, i dont have the receipt and the glasses are a few years old. can i still qualify for frame replacement?

8:10:43 PM :
agent.png
Chad C: yes if we still make your frame.

8:11:12 PM :
user1.png
greg h: okay. how can we proceed then

8:11:34 PM :
agent.png
Chad C: You will want to go on Oakley.com and fill out a digital warranty claim to have the watch repaired. You will want to fill out the questionnaire, take a picture of the front and back of the watch, and receipt if available. Here is the link for you:Oakley Warranty | Official Oakley Store

8:11:49 PM :
agent.png
Chad C: oops disregard that.

8:11:53 PM :
agent.png
Chad C: You would need to call into Oakley Customer Care at (800) 403-7449 and setup a frame replacement. When you call in select the "place order" option so you will talk to someone. If you choose warranty it will say to go online.

8:12:11 PM :
user1.png
greg h: would it be free ?

8:12:34 PM :
agent.png
Chad C: frames would be 49.99

8:12:53 PM :
user1.png
greg h: lol. well that doesnt help much, i would rather buy the correct screw for 2.99

Yup! at least you didn't waste time on the phone. I was on hold for 30 mins until the customer service rep call around to ask questions. I had time to finish my lunch and even get seconds. Then told me I was out of luck.

I'm picking up a optical repair kit so hopefully I can find the right size. That's your best bet. I stripped mine trying to remove them and now the frame is useless.

^ shall i delete?

Yup! at least you didn't waste time on the phone. I was on hold for 30 mins until the customer service rep call around to ask questions. I had time to finish my lunch and even get seconds. Then told me I was out of luck.

I'm picking up a optical repair kit so hopefully I can find the right size. That's your best bet. I stripped mine trying to remove them and now the frame is useless.

well keep me/ us posted.

Back