• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Crosshair vs Crosshair Ballistic Question

Trance82

Oakley Beginner
Hello I am currently shopping for a pair of shooting glasses and the Crosshair definitely would be a nice combination of something I could use at the range and for everyday wear.

I've searched on Google and I know that the hinges are different on the Ballistic model, but my question is whether the lenses on the non Ballistic version are considered durable enough for shooting sports. I read that the Ballistic lenses are thicker and are rated for ballistic impact, but I wasn't able to find much information about the standard Crosshair lenses. Thanks for any info!

I didn't really like my Crosshair for shooting. I didn't really like my Crosshair at all to be perfectly honest. The rake on the glasses was too extreme and the way the bottom of the lens frame touched my face was annoying. I have a small face and the hammer stems would get hung up on my ear protection.

Not trying to dissuade you, they look great just wasn't for me and didn't work well for shooting sports on my face.

I didn't really like my Crosshair for shooting. I didn't really like my Crosshair at all to be perfectly honest. The rake on the glasses was too extreme and the way the bottom of the lens frame touched my face was annoying. I have a small face and the hammer stems would get hung up on my ear protection.

Not trying to dissuade you, they look great just wasn't for me and didn't work well for shooting sports on my face.

Hey thanks for the feedback, that is the exact sort of experience I was hoping to hear about. May I ask what shooting glasses you prefer?

Right now I use my Jawbone with g30 lenses for overcast days and bright indoor ranges. I have zero issues with them on plus a cadet cap and Howard Leight active hearing protection. I have also used M frames in ballistic and non ballistic flavors. The ballistic variant has the stems in such a way as to not mess with over-ear hearing protection.

I see the claim is the ballistic Crosshair has the stems designed to be comfortable with PPE but I don't have direct experience with that so I can't speak to it. I will say I am 5'4" tall 150lbs and my face across the temples is 5.25".

That last bit makes me sound like a member of the lollipop guild with a peanut head....

Back