• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley customer service...Superb!

Mac

Oakley Beginner
Well I bought a mint (look hardly worn) pair of Oakley XX's (as in 20's) the older 2000 model.
They are in Root Beer with non mirrored lenses (either a grey/brown or golden brown but either way not polarised or mirrored).
I paid £40 including delivery.
I emailed Oakley to enquire if they still supplied replacement nose pads and ear socks as I know from my old pair that eventually they get tatty. I also asked if they did any Oakley micro fibre bags that would match Root Beer?
They emailed back saying yes they did the pads/socks and were sending some out with their compliments!
They also did the bag but did not offer to send that free! Still I was very impressed so far.
Well I have not received them and emailed asking for a tracking number.
They emailed back saying that they were sorry but due to a warehouse issue they had not yet been sent but as an apology they would also send the micro fibre bag with their compliments!
So I have a practically as new pair of "vintage" sunniest with a new micro fibre back and new pads and socks (minus any DNA from the previous owner!) for £40 all in.
I would like to swap the lenses (probably via Ikon) for either the "Fire Iridium" or something else that would match the Root Beer frame?
I don't want to bling them up too much so would probably not go for the mirrored Golds although I do like them, especially the Rose Gold!
Any suggestions?

Mac my suggestion is to keep your fingers crossed. Oakley has not exceeded or even lived up to customer service expectations for a little while now. I hope you get all your stuff...sans bill.

;)

Fire Iridium is one of my favorite lenses and I will always give them a hearty recommendation!!

Let's hope they actually send you XX Twenty rubber and not the newer Twenty version. BTW, the rootbeer XX Twenty frame came with rootbeer rubber, not black.

As for lens options, my vote would be for the original 24k or VR28 lenses that came with the frame, but fire will also look good ;)

Basically it was a good will gesture.

They have specifically specified that they are sending the root beer frame version of the pads and socks for the older 2000 version of the 20's.

As for whether they actually send them, well I have no choice but to take them on face value until I have reason not to?

I hope you get them. I waited 3 months for my badman earsocks. They never showed. I called back and they said sorry we had to cancel your order to to back orders. They just weren't gonna tell me. Ugh.... Oakley customer service is the worst.

Latest Posts

Back