• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Deadbolt Sunglasses

Tyger282

Oakley Beginner
Hello people 😁 I recently purchased a pair of these glasses but had to send them back after around three months as the lenses were separating from the frames at the bottom. I loved the glasses so I thought I would try again with another pair. They have just arrived and on initial check I can see that the lenses are already separate from the frames at the bottom of both lenses 🤷 Am I just unlucky? Is this a known fault, or is this just how they are made?

Check to make sure the screws that hold the lenses in are tight. If they are loose there will be some separation

Thanks for the suggestion 👍 Checked all screws and they are all very tight so unfortunately I’m still at a loss as to why the lenses are separated from the frames 🤷

I'm thinking the lenses might be cut too small. I've seen it happen. Send some pictures

The problem is mainly on the base of the left hand lens although there is some slight separation on the right hand lens but unable to show that without making problem worse. Photo attached.
B56E6FB2-E216-4E33-9FC4-7740A4BDE224.jpeg
B56E6FB2-E216-4E33-9FC4-7740A4BDE224.jpeg

Taking a photo would make it worse?
No, as the separation is less on the right hand side lens I would physically have to make it worse to allow a photograph to show the same type of problem as the left hand lens. Hope that clears it up better for you 😁

Hello people 😁 I recently purchased a pair of these glasses but had to send them back after around three months as the lenses were separating from the frames at the bottom. I loved the glasses so I thought I would try again with another pair. They have just arrived and on initial check I can see that the lenses are already separate from the frames at the bottom of both lenses 🤷 Am I just unlucky? Is this a known fault, or is this just how they are made?
Dear Tiger, any new Oakley purchased from Oakley or a sunglass hut carries a 2 year defect warranty. If the lenses aren't placed right, or not functioning properly, you should take them back and they should replace your defective pair with a new working pair. It isn't your problem to fix, return to the store .

Latest Posts

Back