• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Dispatch 2!

MugenPWR

Oakley Beginner
So after waiting over a month for oakley to ship em out, i've finally got em in the mail! here are a couple quick pics in comparison to a holbrook so you can gauge the sizing. my first impression is that it is much more reasonably sized than the dispatch 1.

C6kpx.jpg

0Kqps.jpg

SKv3S.jpg

LKPaW.jpg

Yszra.jpg

3JBkQ.jpg

i'll report back with an actual review after some face time with em. but so far, i like em!

no unfortunately i got rid of 95% of my oakleys, including all of my dispatches :(. i would have kept some but being a college student and all, i made some decisions (which is kinda regret!)

sort of don't like them at first...I love the first one. the icons look smaller...the first Dispatch the front had a sort of eye brow curve to it, this one is just flat out straight...but black ink is a awesome frame color. :) Probably good for the general populatoin that these have been shrunk down, but Dispatch I wasn't that big on me:)
BUT, I may just pick up the Jade iridium model :) just to go with Dispatch 1 and the gang lol.
Funny how much more in size it is to the Holbrook.

sort of don't like them at first...I love the first one. the icons look smaller...the first Dispatch the front had a sort of eye brow curve to it, this one is just flat out straight...but black ink is a awesome frame color. :) Probably good for the general populatoin that these have been shrunk down, but Dispatch I wasn't that big on me:)
BUT, I may just pick up the Jade iridium model :) just to go with Dispatch 1 and the gang lol.
Funny how much more in size it is to the Holbrook.

i do agree, the general shape of the dispatch 1's were more unique and looks a bit more sleek.

its night time now in houston but after trying them on for a good while, i notice the stems sit a bit higher up toward the back of my head than the dispatch 1's. it makes for a odd feel, but its not uncomfortable or anything. the black ink is def an awesome color! at first i was a little iffy and wished they made a purely polished black frame for the polarized version, however the black ink is so subtly clear, you cant tell unless u bring it up to a bright light.

one last note is the icon swapability. i think its a little tougher to change out because u have to have a pencil tip to push out the tab to release the icon. i SOOO wish that they made the icon swapping like the batwolf where u just push a tab. oh boy, i also miss my pair of batwolfs :(

I did notice that icon swap, That's what I thought it would be, a snap tab...wonder what the reasoning was behind this design.
well, maybe you'll find a pair of Batwolf's soon!

Real nice pickup man.
I will say though, after seeing, holding, and trying on the D2 today, I do like them, BUT. Dispatch > D2...imo.
I hate the way you change the icons though.

I may eventually Pick up a Dispatch 2, but not anytime soon, I do love the frame but wish they kept the bigger size and gave it some more sleek shape... still a dispatch tho! :D

Back