• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Display Block Generation History?

Oaks4me06

Oakley Beginner
Does anyone know the history of the AD display block generations?

Photo from Left to Right

~? (Plastic)
~AD Holder 1.0 (Metal)
~AD Holder 2.0 (Plastic)
~AD Holder 3.0? (Acrylic)

I keep seeing the left most "simple non-branded black plastic holders" when searching for old small Pop Cards. Were these the first ones used unofficially before Oakley started having them specifically made by suppliers?

Thanks
IMG_2670.JPG

IMG_2668.JPG
IMG_2669.JPG

Does anyone know the history of the AD display block generations?

Photo from Left to Right

~? (Plastic)
~AD Holder 1.0 (Metal)
~AD Holder 2.0 (Plastic)
~AD Holder 3.0? (Acrylic)

I keep seeing the left most "simple non-branded black plastic holders" when searching for old small Pop Cards. Were these the first ones used unofficially before Oakley started having them specifically made by suppliers?

ThanksView attachment 585388
View attachment 585386View attachment 585387

Also, welcome to the forum

I’ve never seen that first one before. I doubt oakley ever used them. The aluminum one was the first one they used. Then the black one and then the acrylic.

And there were two versions of the aluminum one. One was solid and one was hollowed out like the one in the pic.
Thanks. I forgot about the hollow ones and the large Aluminum AD Holders. I was able to pull out a few from the bottom of the display tower to take a picture to share for reference. Does anyone know if they made Large AD Holders out of plastic or acrylic. I want to say I saw a large acrylic that had a badman or madman card at an O Store years back. Also, the acrylic and magnetic holder for the x-metal challenge coins are pretty cool. You would have no idea there were magnets holding it all together, unless you mess around with one.

IMG_2690.JPG

Latest Posts

Back