• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley display cases

Paulf73

Oakley Beginner
Does anyone know if Oakley display cases for sunglasses, or in my case, collectibles, have UV protected glass on the front door?

Greetings.

I'd be surprised if the original plate glass would feature this. However, since presently I don't own a display case, I can't say for sure. I believe there'll be someone to confirm or otherwise, at some point.

Most of them are a clear acrylic, some have glass shelves but I don't think you're getting any UV protection from the acrylic. I would guess uv protection wasn't very important in the original decision making to protect a product that exists to provide uv protection.

Share a photo of your case (if you have one) if you're just looking for one I would think replacing the original acrylic panels would be your best bet.

Most of them are a clear acrylic, some have glass shelves but I don't think you're getting any UV protection from the acrylic. I would guess uv protection wasn't very important in the original decision making to protect a product that exists to provide uv protection.

Share a photo of your case (if you have one) if you're just looking for one I would think replacing the original acrylic panels would be your best bet.
Thanks for the info.

Aloha and welcome to the Forum. :cool:🤙

shaka-saludo-surfero-jpg..jpg

Well, usually most acrylic / plexiglass provide some degree of UV "protecting". I got some transition lenses and behind such surfaces they never get dark. No Surgeon General Advice anyhow ;-)

Back