• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘Oakley Donor Lens Quick Reference Guide 2024

All this stuff is super useful. And contrary to most people's belief, every little bit counts. So thanks for:-
1. not assuming that people know stuff that some people think is "obvious"
and 2. for taking the time and effort to inform me so I can update!!

I wish that we could allocate "editing rights" to people for threads we create.

I’ve seen this similarity between Juliet & A Wire Lenses. I’ve not compared them up close but just putting a wire and Juliet next to each other - I’m almost certain they’re the same shape

I’ve seen this similarity between Juliet & A Wire Lenses. I’ve not compared them up close but just putting a wire and Juliet next to each other - I’m almost certain they’re the same shape
Apparently an a wire is smaller than the juliet and not compatible.

Can anyone else confirm this for sure?

?@Chris A Hardaway

They are close but not close enough to be swapped without trimming one or the other

68d380da12c6f58b516571fc7b0880c4.jpg

c37bdc94ede757d65e975560c6da252f.jpg

319fa3de2be9c6eeb2ca9fc523da26b4.jpg

updated
Information
Although some donor lenses are larger than the lens to be cut to, they still aren't large enough to be cut by machine. Donor lenses that fall into this "in between" size can still be cut, but must be cut by hand (and will have a note that they need to be "hand cut"). They CANNOT be machine cut (at least not by @Chris A Hardaway 's machine).

Straight Jacket, Original
Yes - Gauge 8L (hand cut only) (@hondazcrxsi)

Thanks, buddy.

updated
Information
Although some donor lenses are larger than the lens to be cut to, they still aren't large enough to be cut by machine. Donor lenses that fall into this "in between" size can still be cut, but must be cut by hand (and will have a note that they need to be "hand cut"). They CANNOT be machine cut (at least not by @Chris A Hardaway 's machine).

Straight Jacket, Original
Yes - Gauge 8L (hand cut only) (@hondazcrxsi)

Thanks, buddy.

Add SiRacer to that too please

A few years ago I bought a **** ton of NOS lenses from an optician that closed up shop. Not much was labeled so I had to figure it out for myself. Most are easy enough to identify just looking at them but some i had to do more research on.

It took a while but I figured out that a lot of the ones I had identified as Juliet were in fact A Wire lenses. The shape is so similar that I just assumed that's what they were. I was bummed because I had a lot of good colors that I thought were Juliet but still happy because I have some friends that have A Wires that benefited from them and I can still cut them for some frames. 8.75 yo!

I've been wanting to get a pair of H.I. Yellow lenses for my Flak Draft but Oakley never made that an option. Fuse nor Revant offers Draft lenses, so I'm now starting to wonder if there is a possible donor lens out there that would work?

Latest Posts

Back