• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘Oakley Donor Lens Quick Reference Guide 2024

l just bought double edge custom cut for my juliets but l dont know what 'TORIC' means.
can someone explain in simple words please
thanks
(l just had a little effort to make it fits because its BC is 6 and l'd like to know if it's harmful for the frame because the pressure, thanks)
Toric just means it has two different base curves. Horizontal is above a 6.75, vertical is below a 4.25 in double edge case . It isn't "spherical" meaning same curve in all directions. Xmetal was an 8.75 spherical curve. So you'll stress the lenses some, even with perfect beveling. If the lens can be cut without the toric don't buy toric. But if toric is the only option, it'll still get you that look!

Toric just means it has two different base curves. Horizontal is above a 6.75, vertical is below a 4.25 in double edge case . It isn't "spherical" meaning same curve in all directions. Xmetal was an 8.75 spherical curve. So you'll stress the lenses some, even with perfect beveling. If the lens can be cut without the toric don't buy toric. But if toric is the only option, it'll still get you that look!
thanks for the answer so no worry about stressing the lenses to fit or benting a bit can harm the orbitals?

I'm 90% sure the SI Speed Jacket uses the same exact lens, and is the Draft but w/o the rubbers just plastic arms. I just couldn't find a direct yes or no to that, just reviews stating the speed jacket and flak draft are very similar but that wasn't helpful ha
They’re actually 100% interchangeable between Flak Draft & Speed Jacket, the lenses are completely identical.

@cacatman you should also update Juliet donor list. Speaking with @Chris A Hardaway Gauge 8M cannot be cut for Juliet only gauge 8L.

Also, flak 2.0 xl is not ideal but it sounds like it may be able to be done. Not entirely clear on this one other than it not ideal.
Thanks bro. When I get home, I'll sort this out

@cacatman you should also update Juliet donor list. Speaking with @Chris A Hardaway Gauge 8M cannot be cut for Juliet only gauge 8L.

Also, flak 2.0 xl is not ideal but it sounds like it may be able to be done. Not entirely clear on this one other than it not ideal.
Updated. Thanks for the heads up!

Hey you have Frogskins mentioned as a Jupiter Factory Lite donor....?
All of the collector's version of the frogskins circa 2007+ are in no way a possible donor for the JFL, they're too narrow.
I was able to hand cut a Fuel Cell for the JFL, but it required lots of tapering/beveling the bottom/inside edges not an ideal donor, but they do fit.

Hey cacatman I saw you didn't yet have tints for JB/RJ which Leggo My Eggo has requested, so here they are...

Jawbone
Clear-Black Photochromatic, Black-Persimmon Iridium Photochromatic, G40 Photochromatic, VR50 Photochromatic, VR50 Ruby Iridium Photochromatic, Clear, Slate Iridium, Dark Grey, Grey Polarized, H.I. Yellow, H.I. Blue, Persimmon, Light +Red Iridium, G30 Iridium, G30 Iridium Polarized, Jade Iridium, VR28, VR28 Polarized, VR28 Blue Iridium, VR28 Black Iridium, VR28 Black Iridium Polarized, OO Black Iridium Polarized, OO Red Iridium Polarized, +Red Iridium, +Red Iridium Polarized, Fire Iridium, Fire Iridium Polarized, Ice Iridium, Ice Iridium Polarized, Black Iridium, Black Iridium Polarized.

New Racing Jacket (all are vented)
Prizm Trail, Prizm Road, Clear-Black Photochromatic, Black-Persimmon Iridium Photochromatic, G40 Photochromatic, VR50 Photochromatic, VR50 Ruby Transition, Slate Iridium, H.I. Yellow, Persimmon, P42 Iridium, Light +Red Iridium, G30 Iridium, G30 Iridium Polarized, Jade Iridium, VR28 Blue Iridium, VR28 Black Iridium, VR28 Black Iridium Polarized, OO Black Iridium Polarized, OO Red Iridium Polarized, +Red Iridium, +Red Iridium Polarized, Fire Iridium, Fire Iridium Polarized, Ice Iridium, Deep Blue Iridium Polarized, Black Iridium, Black Iridium Polarized.

I didn't put specify on JB vented or solid because it'd just get way too confusing lol

Back