• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘Oakley Donor Lens Quick Reference Guide 2024

On the original RJ I used a BT, not sure of the Jawbone will work or not.
I read in a post that you stated that it was possible to cut a RJ gen 2 (slightly smaller lens) using a Jawbone lens.

Here's where you said it... Cutting Lenses - What Works

Marc (@X-Metal Beast), are you able to shed more light? You sent me a custom cut fire iridium polarized. Was that from a jawbone lens originally?

20170811_203128.jpg

This is the Turbine donor as mentioned.
Perfect fit

Woah! That's a BEAUTY!

That Racing Jacket 2nd Gen FIP was cut from a Radarlock lens. I have had several donors cut for Racing/Water Jackets 1st & 2nd gen:
  • Radarlock
  • Offshoot
  • Turbine
  • Turbine Rotors
  • Big Taco
All of them work perfectly, and the guy to do the job is our own @Chris A Hardaway , and you must send your frame over for him to do it (which for me has been no issue, I've sent him R1s, XSs, Juliets, XXs, C-Six, etc). I hope that helps
Marc,
As always. Super knowledgeable, concise, and exactly what I needed.....again! Thanks bro! Thread updated!

Evidently a few others (according to CAH) will work for PB1
  • Batwolf blanks, wrong BC(7), no etch
  • Gauge 8L, correct BC(8.75), no etch

Last edited:
I read in a post that you stated that it was possible to cut a RJ gen 2 (slightly smaller lens) using a Jawbone lens.

Here's where you said it... Cutting Lenses - What Works

I must have been drinking that night or just wasnt paying attention. Yes they do have the same base curve but the pair I was referring to, my fire RJ, were cut from a BT lens, not a Jawbone

I must have been drinking that night or just wasnt paying attention. Yes they do have the same base curve but the pair I was referring to, my fire RJ, were cut from a BT lens, not a Jawbone
Lol. Ok. Well I took your name off it and placed in an unconfirmed category, because @Hitech Vojtech was also vouching for them.

Perhaps, I'll invoke @RacingJacketFAN to see if he would know if jawbone lenses could be cut for Gen 1 and 2 RJs?

Latest Posts

Back