• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘Oakley Donor Lens Quick Reference Guide 2024

Heyo. First real post here, I think this should be the right thread :)

I have owned several oakleys over the years and still have yet to find my signature model. I think I did in fact find it this week: The Square Wire 2.0 with Spring Hinge! Now I bought the glasses online and looking for a pair of G30 Iridium Lenses to go with the frame. Found another Sqare Wire 2.0 with the exact lenses so I'm planning to exchange.
Problem: They are the version without the Spring Hinge. Do the lenses still fit and can I switch them? They seem to have the tightening screw on a different location so I'm not sure.

If this is the wrong threat for this kind of question, can someone tell me where questions like these would be adequate?

Until then: Greetings from Germany

I have owned several oakleys over the years and still have yet to find my signature model. I think I did in fact find it this week: The Square Wire 2.0 with Spring Hinge! Now I bought the glasses online and looking for a pair of G30 Iridium Lenses to go with the frame. Found another Sqare Wire 2.0 with the exact lenses so I'm planning to exchange.
Problem: They are the version without the Spring Hinge. Do the lenses still fit and can I switch them? They seem to have the tightening screw on a different location so I'm not sure.

If this is the wrong threat for this kind of question, can someone tell me where questions like these would be adequate?

Track down @Chris A Hardaway he might be able to help. He's super cool.

Short answer is no, the lenses are different from a spring hinge to a non spring hinge.

Thanks for the quick answer! I`ll look into that a little more!! Means every non spring hinged version should work (not counting in the Australian Versions)? Or are there also some exceptions?
I believe that to be correct with the exception of perhaps certain Rx specific frames.

Latest Posts

Back