• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley DRT5 MTB Helmet

I have a DRT5 as per my previous post. My head is size 6 7/8 and the medium fits me well as does the medium in the MOD5 snow helmet.

I can confirm that the wire from the Boa system does bite quite a bit into the side of my head when it is tightened, leaving a line in the side of my head.

Additionally, I don’t find that the soft rubber forehead gasket designed to channel sweat away tends to work very well. I consistently have sweat draining straight down my face. There is a replaceable soft cloth front pad that I may change in place of the soft rubber gasket but I have yet to try it.

If you can get one at a discount, go for it but I wouldn’t pay the $275 (Canadian) retail price which is already higher than most helmets on the market.

Hi all,

While I am pondering a new helmet thought I would ask what MTB helmet you are wearing and more importantly are you happy with it.

I know fit is the most important! and I will be going to try a few on that I decide on when it is safe to do so.

Latest Posts

Back