• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Saw one pair at the store, tried them on and absolutely loved them. Sadly not available in colored polarized from what I can see :( p.s. it did say China on the inside.

Got one with Prizm Ruby in a gunmetal frame. Really nice!
20200816_094616.jpg

All the SI Prizm variants are now up. Ordered the Maritime Prizm Polarized and Sapphire Prizm for the SI.

I like the Matte Finish, but actually prefer the Satin Black I think a touch more for the frames when comparing blacks. I like the Satin Chrome and Gunmetal though for sure.

I haven’t been able to see these in person yet in this country. How do they compare in build quality compared to the Gauge 8?

I haven’t been able to see these in person yet in this country. How do they compare in build quality compared to the Gauge 8?

Hinge is different than that on the Gauge 6/8 line. And the lens shape is obviously more square than the rounder Gauge series. And the bridge is classic oakley design vs the newer RayBan aviator style bridge like on the Gauge.

I love them personally with 7 pairs in my collections for rotated wear. 2 Prizm Ruby, 2x Prizm Sapphire, 1 Prizm Black, 1 SI Prizm Maritime Polarized, and 1 SI Prizm Sapphire. Planning for 2 more pair to head to the chop shop of @Chris A Hardaway for Prizm Violet and Prizm Jade in the next month or so.

I like the Matte Gun Metal, Satin Chrome, Satin Black, and Matte Black frame options. I dont care for the Carbon frame in black.

I did try on the Rose Gold with Satin Rose Gold frame. Not for me personally but nice looking shades none the less if Rose is your thing.

Size wise they are near the same lens size and stem length as the Medium Gauge, not the Large.

Eye / Bridge / Temple / Bi-Focal (If Applicable)

Ejector measurements:

5816139B40.4

Gauge 8 M:

5717136B41.8

Latest Posts

Back