• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Elites

xerx76

Oakley Enthusiast
Any idea or info on Oakleys coming out with their long awaited Elite series, i meant something like the Pitboss, Xsquared, etc. The newer designs are very run of the mill types. I'm still waiting for Oakley to return to it's full pre-luxotica glory.

Any idea or info on Oakleys coming out with their long awaited Elite series, i meant something like the Pitboss, Xsquared, etc. The newer designs are very run of the mill types. I'm still waiting for Oakley to return to it's full pre-luxotica glory.
Are you asking IF it’ll ever get done again?

Yeah I really wouldn't expect much from lux oakley. They do some cool stuff from time to time but it will probably never be like the good ol days

They came out with the carbon prime which I would consider Elite even though it wasnt marketed as one. I think its pointless to wait for “pre lux” Oakley though bc of obvious reasons. Luxottica is here to stay and theres no changing that anytime soon. The “****house” plastic frames that some people describe the new pairs to be are actually more durable than previous iterations of omatter although I can understand why some people arent into the new designs. But at the same time, a lot of people are into them. Its only natural that collectors become nostalgic to bring back the old stuff, but lets face it. Collectors are only a small part of their customer base so why would a corporation dump so much money to just please people like us? Just enjoy what Oakley made in the past because theres so much out there. I mean just look at the buy/sell thread lol. Plus lens technology is much better now then ever before and you can always use current lenses as donors.

They came out with the carbon prime which I would consider Elite even though it wasnt marketed as one. I think its pointless to wait for “pre lux” Oakley though bc of obvious reasons. Luxottica is here to stay and theres no changing that anytime soon. The “****house” plastic frames that some people describe the new pairs to be are actually more durable than previous iterations of omatter although I can understand why some people arent into the new designs. But at the same time, a lot of people are into them. Its only natural that collectors become nostalgic to bring back the old stuff, but lets face it. Collectors are only a small part of their customer base so why would a corporation dump so much money to just please people like us? Just enjoy what Oakley made in the past because theres so much out there. I mean just look at the buy/sell thread lol. Plus lens technology is much better now then ever before and you can always use current lenses as donors.
So much truth in this post!

Latest Posts

Back