• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
This update Ej Redux model is just bad. The 1st eye jacket design was and will always be the best. If you want to do a reissue, do it!
Don't re-design it and THEN reissue it. Other than internal manufacturing process/quality updates, don't touch the design!!

Look at watch makers. If Omega messed with the original design of the moon watch, it wouldn't sell. They've tried and failed. At least they are smart enough to never stop making the original. If Rolex "reissued" the submariner with a different design, you think it would do well? People want the original design. Honor that and give us what we want! Tired of looking for replacement ear socks and lenses, LOL. I look at this new design and it's just another face-palm "NO" in a long line of "NO"'s since Oakley got absorbed by Luxotica. You...aren't...getting..it. Bring back the old eye jacket, bring back x-metals, stop with the endless charade of crap plastic and wire designs. Go back to what made the company what it is and then don't stop!!

This update Ej Redux model is just bad. The 1st eye jacket design was and will always be the best. If you want to do a reissue, do it!
Don't re-design it and THEN reissue it. Other than internal manufacturing process/quality updates, don't touch the design!!

Look at watch makers. If Omega messed with the original design of the moon watch, it wouldn't sell. They've tried and failed. At least they are smart enough to never stop making the original. If Rolex "reissued" the submariner with a different design, you think it would do well? People want the original design. Honor that and give us what we want! Tired of looking for replacement ear socks and lenses, LOL. I look at this new design and it's just another face-palm "NO" in a long line of "NO"'s since Oakley got absorbed by Luxotica. You...aren't...getting..it. Bring back the old eye jacket, bring back x-metals, stop with the endless charade of crap plastic and wire designs. Go back to what made the company what it is and then don't stop!!

Exactly, when marketing fashion or luxury products gradual change is best. It's not the same as other companies, where a redesign will bring more sales. It may, in fact, alienate your customer base.

Bring the hate!

CE9078E6-822C-49A5-94D7-F70C07F13C1B.jpeg

Why can't optical accounts get these?

I like them personally. But I can't buy them at wholesale to resell in my store?

Stupidity.... Just like that last canteen being sunglasses hut exclusive... This will make for a service nightmare if bought outside Oakley.com

But hey Lux makes more $$$ if bought direct anyway.

Why can't optical accounts get these?

I like them personally. But I can't buy them at wholesale to resell in my store?

Stupidity.... Just like that last canteen being sunglasses hut exclusive... This will make for a service nightmare if bought outside Oakley.com

But hey Lux makes more $$$ if bought direct anyway.

I thought they were an Oakley/Oakley.com exclusive until they popped up under a search a few weeks ago at Zumiez. Eye Jacket | Zumiez

Back