• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Eyepatch vs Eyepatch 2 Sunglasses

@yoshi - I thought I read that the lenses were interchangeable between the EP1 and EP2.
Which of course would lead one to think that the lens size is the same.

I have an EP1, and tried on an EP2 on Sunday.
There is very little difference in fit.

In my view, it all boils down to whether you like the style of the new earstems.

I'm quite keen on the Polished Black with Violet Iridium myself.
That's a mighty big frame your rockin' there MR.Herb's lol. Violet with black does look quite sleek.

Says Mr Dispatch! haha

I think the EP1 is the largest frame in my collection. I've tried larger stuff like the Pit Bull and Dispatch etc, but they are too big for me and I just look ridiculous in them.

I remember when I first bought my Ducati Monster Dogs yearrrrs ago and thinking at the time that they were huge and ostentatious. Now I'm rockin Hijinx (well, eleven of them actually haha), Eyepatch, and Romeos, and thinking nothing of it. Funny how times change . . . .

I think the huuuuge violet lenses in that size frame are gunna look the nuts in real life. Anyone got them already and want to post up a pic?

EDIT - It's OK - found some here - http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-s...2-polished-black-w-violet-iridium-lenses.html

Nice.

I'm a HUGE HUGE fan of the EP I ear stems....the lines are way too sick...
I still enjoy the lines of all the older models way over the new ones.
I prefer gascans over fuel cells...
i have both. but i think the gascans look bolder.
and i prefer the EPI to the EPII, for the same reason.
The lines look stronger, squarer? idk how to explain it.
I'm not digging these newer frames at all...

Says Mr Dispatch! haha

I think the EP1 is the largest frame in my collection. I've tried larger stuff like the Pit Bull and Dispatch etc, but they are too big for me and I just look ridiculous in them.

I remember when I first bought my Ducati Monster Dogs yearrrrs ago and thinking at the time that they were huge and ostentatious. Now I'm rockin Hijinx (well, eleven of them actually haha), Eyepatch, and Romeos, and thinking nothing of it. Funny how times change . . . .

I think the huuuuge violet lenses in that size frame are gunna look the nuts in real life. Anyone got them already and want to post up a pic?

EDIT - It's OK - found some here - http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-s...2-polished-black-w-violet-iridium-lenses.html

Nice.
EP is the biggest frame probably rivaled by the Dispatch, which to me, isn't that big. :) maybe its my big head?:p
i love it though! hope to have 6 in my collection by next month. Can't believe you have 11 Hijinx!!! crazy man haha. But the Dispatch probably fits me the best out of all my frames. Which is why i love it so :D
I liked the EP1, I actually like the EP2, and think those stems work better on the eyepatch than they do on the new dispatch. The eyepatch frames just don't work with my rounder face. I do miss my eyepatch 1 though.
how tall are you by the way?
I've seen pictures of violet iridium looks super sexy in person, a lot better than online. Shame Hijinx doesn't have violet. :D

I do remember a few people say how big the monster dog was at the time. I have one, but never wear it anymore. I'd give it to you but needs new lenses. :(

Ok lets clear a few things up...

Yes I have the Smoke EP1's
IMG_0272.jpg

As for fit...they are very similar, however the EP2's do sit lower on the face.

The nosepiece is much larger on the EP2's, therefore they sit lower on the face (this is why I don't own any of them).

The good news is that if you have a huge nose & a huge head they should fit great! :cool:

As for lenses...the EP2's lenses are about 1mm smaller that the EP1's. (for my American friends that don't use the metric system...1mm is very small :tongue:)

You can easily fit EP1 lenses into EP2 frames, but the EP2 lenses in a EP1 frame fit a little loose (I've tried it, and the EP2 lenses actually make noise when you move the frames around...very annoying!).

Hope that clears things up a bit. :wink:

And honestly...just go try on the glasses people! :blink:

Ok I just picked up a pair of Eyepatch 2, Polished black OO Black Polarized. Not sure what to think of them I didn't get a chance to wear them. I also picked up Pit Bull's. I got the Crystal Black non polarized. I'm not sure what to think of those either....Nice sunglasses though I'll have more to say about the EPII after I wear them for a bit.

Ok lets clear a few things up...

Yes I have the Smoke EP1's
IMG_0272.jpg

As for fit...they are very similar, however the EP2's do sit lower on the face.

The nosepiece is much larger on the EP2's, therefore they sit lower on the face (this is why I don't own any of them).

The good news is that if you have a huge nose & a huge head they should fit great! :cool:

As for lenses...the EP2's lenses are about 1mm smaller that the EP1's. (for my American friends that don't use the metric system...1mm is very small :tongue:)

You can easily fit EP1 lenses into EP2 frames, but the EP2 lenses in a EP1 frame fit a little loose (I've tried it, and the EP2 lenses actually make noise when you move the frames around...very annoying!).

Hope that clears things up a bit. :wink:

And honestly...just go try on the glasses people! :blink:
geez dave, you make those look small haha.

My old Eyepatch photo I had on my computer, quality isn't so good. The flash made my hair look greasy too lol. Just me messin around at 3am when I first got em. I gave them to a friend recently who needed sunglasses. I'll snap some pics of the Eyepatch 2 when I get a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back