• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Eyepatch vs Eyepatch 2 Sunglasses

Forgoten214

Oakley Beginner
Allentown, PA
So what's the differences between the two designs? I had the Eyepatch 1 and it fit a little snug on the sides. It just wasn't a good fit. I was wondering how the Eyepatch 2 fit. I love the design but I just didn't like the way it felt on my temples and ear.

Opinions and such on the two models? How has the second design changed from the first one?

I know BAPD77 would be the man to ask, he has the EP2.
From what i've known since being here, Eyepatch 2 is bigger overall, lenses got larger, earstems are bigger but shorter. I liked the Eyepatch 1 but i just didn't look ver good in them.

Yea well don't feel discouraged, most people didn't. lol.

I'd still like a Grey Smoke Eyepatch 1. They're hard to find now. Unless someone on here has one it's almost impossible.

I know BAPD77 would be the man to ask, he has the EP2.
From what i've known since being here, Eyepatch 2 is bigger overall, lenses got larger, earstems are bigger but shorter. I liked the Eyepatch 1 but i just didn't look ver good in them.

Yea well don't feel discouraged, most people didn't. lol.

I'd still like a Grey Smoke Eyepatch 1. They're hard to find now. Unless someone on here has one it's almost impossible.
I remember someone on here getting a grey smoke eyepatch 1, I think it was BADNESS...

Eyepatch II is not bigger. The lens size/shape is almost identical as the Eyepatch I. The earsteams are a little thicker to accommodate the icon and little 'opening' temple design, but other than that, the fit is almost identical.
I personally think the EP I >>> EP II.

I picked up a Grey Smoke Eye Patch last month at a Vault up in Maine. They had it for $49 and I got an additional 25% off for buying multiple pairs (different style).

@yoshi - I thought I read that the lenses were interchangeable between the EP1 and EP2.
Which of course would lead one to think that the lens size is the same.

I have an EP1, and tried on an EP2 on Sunday.
There is very little difference in fit.

In my view, it all boils down to whether you like the style of the new earstems.

I'm quite keen on the Polished Black with Violet Iridium myself.

Back