• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Failures

I know it's almost universally hated, but I like the Eye Jacket 3.0, and I don't care who knows it.

The Scar did not sell well, but are an interesting pair. They were expensive at the time, looked a little too out there, and seemed to only be available in colorways that made them look like knockoffs. Still they had solid X-metal lugs, were the first dual cam hinges, and to me were the first Oakleys that had a truly premium feel. Plus they led to the development of the Plate (which really was just a scar with plates on it), Valve, Splice, and not to mention the first design sketches for the Pit Boss were an evolution of the Scar.

I totally hate the Oil Drum and Oil Rig. Also, I know everyone loves them, but I HATE Radars. M Frames are so much better IMO.

If we are going to start listing frames we hate, then we'll get a very long list. I can't see what the fuss is about with X-Squareds, Monster Dogs, Romeo's, or any of the wire frames, they are failures to me but that's just personal taste.

I think we're classifying failures as frames that flat out didn't sell and got canned pretty quickly.

U know I shouldnt call anything a failure. That is not thinking of the people who liked it...Oakley also has had some good frames that "failed". I retract what I said but I think there was room for a PIT BULL Small or MD2 as well as the pitbull

U know I shouldnt call anything a failure. That is not thinking of the people who liked it...Oakley also has had some good frames that "failed". I retract what I said but I think there was room for a PIT BULL Small or MD2 as well as the pitbull
what's something comparable to the size of the pit bull? i wasn't to crazy about them either.

After reading thru these comments. It seams there will be alot of PitBull around so if anyone has a FMJ they're giving away, hit me with them as I was considering getting a pair but now don't want to fork out too much if they are that bad. I do agree about the Jupiter, the style looks good but just don't work on me but they do suit my wife.
The Jury I though was a cracking frame but just didn't seam to sell in numbers, now is this down to Oakley marketing?

There are also alot of female frames that don't look anything but large framed Chanel or D&G copies.

I am with you on the FMJ PitBull. Luv that frame and style for that matter. I hope that no one else buys another pair...that way they will go on sale somewhere.

I will have to agree with Jupiters. I wouldn't own a pair even if it was 75% off! It just looks way too feminine. Those new frogskins are hideous too!

Latest Posts

Back