• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Fan Transitioning From Sunglasses To Watches..

Jugglegeek

Oakley Beginner
MD, USA
So, I've always loved Oakleys. I've had maybe 6-8 pairs of sunglasses over the years and have always been a fan of the quality, design, and function. In the last two years though, I have taken to wearing prescription lenses which means that I have to stick to the commercial frames with non-curved lenses. (I still wear Oakley frames of course)

But, I'd love to start getting into the watch collections. I haven't really ever paid too much attention to them because of the price, but I could certainly see myself in some of the designs they have now. Anyone have tips for where to start? How about convincing spouses that you're not crazy for thinking about spending $600+ for a functional wrist band?

Also, what's the durability of most of the watches? I'm adamant about using things that I buy, so I would want the watch to hold up for quite some time if I were to commit. Thanks for any input friends. =)

Cheers!

The stainless steel or titanium bands are pretty durable for normal use. The rubber, unobtanium bands, some have had issues with it breaking after some use, coz some of these bands are difficult to buckle up and release. Minute machine titanium band clasp has occasionally had defects where clasp doesn't close securely anymore. Heard that Oakley warranty will fix it for you if you send it in or walk in with it.
Movement wise, some question accuracy keeping time, but I buy mine and wear them more as pieces of art.

I have a minute machine diamond dial, minute machine black face timebomb II standard and livestrong edition, a crankcase, and an original time bomb from ten years ago and they have all held up extremely well I have worn them all to the pool and have had the crankcase for years. You may have to occasionally get the scratches buffed out but they are wonderful and addictive plus tons of compliments everywhere. So start off small and work your way up if you like them.

So far I'm liking the Transfer Case or the Gearbox. The minimalist designs are speaking to me more than the fancy ones. Does anyone know of any resources that show all of the Oakley watches through the years? Not just what's available now?

Thanks for the info. Anyone know of good Gearbox or Transfer Case deals? =)
I've seen some on eBay for decent deals. I'm getting into Oakley watches as well, started with one and now am about to have three and eyeing my fourth...

What have you got at this point? I'm tending to like the design/price of the more minimalist watches. And the square ones are pretty fugly in my opinion. =)

You can make prescription lenses for your sunglasses now in any color now including progressive lenses! I have 3 Juliets with prescriptions

Back