• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Fish Tank Display???

it wouldn't be hard to construct an enclosure to mimic an Oakley cabinet and seal in glass (or acrylic but starfire glass is the best), and do it proper. Or, get an old display that's plexi is beat to hell and modify it and add LOTS of angle bracing underneath. I have had a few completely custom built tanks as well in the past. Nothing 480gals, but fish only in 150gal, and full reef with sps and lps in a 55t custom. to answer the op's question, yes, I know a guy who had some pairs in his freshwater tank, icons removed of course as I believe they are copper under the chrome plating

That's sweet! I think I'm going to try to put some in there this week! Or how about this guys. Build a custom fish tank that match the dimensions inside the single wide. Then cut the back of the single wide and slide the tank in. From there you could add the proper reinforcement in the bottom. If you had the opening at the top you could use it like a normal tank. Then you fill it up with water.

That's sweet! I think I'm going to try to put some in there this week! Or how about this guys. Build a custom fish tank that match the dimensions inside the single wide. Then cut the back of the single wide and slide the tank in. From there you could add the proper reinforcement in the bottom. If you had the opening at the top you could use it like a normal tank. Then you fill it up with water.
My Tower is plexi all the way around with the aluminum only on the corners. That is what we were talking, by putting custom Acylic rectangle syle but vertical tank in it. Alot of work engineering it, but would be sweet. Make sure the bottom of the display area has a steel square supporting it with x style bracing holding that up.

also run all your plumbing through the bottom of the tank, through the aluminum bottom, drill 2-3" holes for piping. Might need to run a tube inside it all the qway to the top for both the intake and output of filtration water. One needs the castle style top so if power quits the whole tank wont drain. The other output tube needs to be near the same level so only so much water drains in a power outage. Might want to coat the aluminum top with something so corrosion wont occur also.

Why not mod a counter display one i think someone had one that was used for goggles or a cube would be easy for a small fish

4aze7uzy.jpg
Has anyone ever seen a Green Phantom Pleco before!

Back