• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Flack Jacket

Did you have a specific lense in mind? Most Flak Jacket lenses can be found on Amazon/Ebay. Which means some sellers will ship to you directly if you can't find someone to receive and repost to you from the US or another country's Oakley website. As @O Bro pointed out, Vault stores here in the US still have Flak Lenses on hand. (at least my local one in Georgia did the last time I was in). The staff at Vaults are too notch. However, that may not solve the 'shipping to South Africa' aspect.

Revant optics are decent if you get the Elite lenses, but they are not the same as OEM optically. They are very good for $65, but honestly, you can find Flak lenses for that price all day long.

As far as the expectation of after-sales support, it's a $100-200 product. While parts can be obtained, the business model is based on the consumer replacing the entire unit more often than simply replacing parts.

Oakley began as a small business ran out of Jim Jannards car, named after Jim's dog, Oakley, selling grips for handlebars.
When the company segued into sunglasses, the mission became to make the best eyewear possible. Everything Jim brought to market was a passionate and full-fledged endeavour. Fast forward to the 2000's. Oakley did many impossible things. (like X Metals) However, they ended up like many eyewear brands forced to sell to Luxottica. Ever since, Oakley and all of the other acquired brands have become diluted and cheaper in product quality. They do not want to sell you parts. They want to sell new pairs.

While I understand and agree with your sentiment of [for the price there should absolutely be replacement parts available],
Lux does not care, nor want that end of your business. So exploit the flooded market by buying as cheap as possible is my move generally.

Just as a point of reference, these 2 videos show the amazing thing that was and what it became. Luxottica does not have the customers best interests at heart, but their own. Reasons why they own a majority of the retail outlets for eye wear. They can control the entire market. Company does well? Lux buys them. It's a brutal cycle. But they now own Ray Ban, Oakley, Costa, and many others. The tech and patents that Jim Jannard -run Oakleymade is why so many of us still use Oakley. There is not a better brand/alternative I know of still.
I wish you luck on whichever path you choose, friend.

Edit: I did find this site, which I believe is a South African one.
Search - Flak

Last edited:
Did you have a specific lense in mind? Most Flak Jacket lenses can be found on Amazon/Ebay. Which means some sellers will ship to you directly if you can't find someone to receive and repost to you from the US or another country's Oakley website.

Revant optics are decent if you get the Elite lenses, but they are not the same as OEM optically. They are very good for $65, but honestly, you can find Flak lenses for that price all day long.

As far as the expectation of after-sales support, it's a $100-200 product. While parts can be obtained, the business model is based on the consumer replacing the entire unit more often than simply replacing parts.

Oakley began as a small business ran out of Jim Jannards car, named after Jim's dog, Oakley, selling grips for handlebars.
When the company segued into sunglasses, the mission became to make the best eyewear possible. Everything Jim brought to market was a passionate and full-fledged endeavour. Fast forward to the 2000's. Oakley did many impossible things. (like X Metals) However, they ended up like many eyewear brands forced to sell to Luxottica. Ever since, Oakley and all of the other acquired brands have become diluted and cheaper in product quality. They do not want to sell you parts. They want to sell new pairs.

While I understand and agree with your sentiment of [for the price there should absolutely be replacement parts available],
Lux does not care, nor want that end of your business. So exploit the flooded market by buying as cheap as possible is my move generally.

Just as a point of reference, these 2 videos show the amazing thing that was and what it became. Luxottica does not have the customers best interests at heart, but their own. Reasons why they own a majority of the retail outlets for eye wear. They can control the entire market. Company does well? Lux buys them. It's a brutal cycle. But they now own Ray Ban, Oakley, Costa, and many others. The tech and patents that Jim Jannard -run Oakleymade is why so many of us still use Oakley. There is not a better brand/alternative I know of still.
I wish you luck on whichever path you choose, friend.

Edit: I did find this site, which I believe is a South African one.
Search - Flak

Well it is a corporation, and corporations want one thing - money.

While that may be true for Lux as a whole, most O stores and vaults (my store at least) value every customer, whether it's a microbag, lenses or a new pair.

Also are you still looking for Flak lenses? If so, I can help you out. PM me if you want!

Back