• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley flak frame help

West164

Oakley Beginner
I'm looking to buy my first pair of Oakleys, but looking for frame suggestions. I'm going with the maritime prizm lenses with the flak 2.0 XL frames, but I'm hoping someone here can give some feedback on the SI flak 2.0 XL vs the thin blue line.

Is the SI version any different from the original flak 2.0? Will other flak 2.0 lenses fit in the SI version? And would you recommend the thin blue line over the standard or vice versa? Thanks for any help!

The frames should be identical and 2.0 XL Lens would fit 2.0 XL frames (unless there is an 'Asian fit' version of that model). Also while the 2XL lenses are mainly just taller, they won't fit into a non-XL Flak 2.0 or vice versa.

I'm guessing Prizm Maritime is a SI only offering (don't see that on the typical consumer side, though they do have Prizm Deep Water Polarized).

Last edited:
Also while the 2XL lenses are mainly just taller, they won't fit into a non-XL Flak 2.0 or vice versa.

Not sure what you mean by this part. The XL lenses will fit in a frame that came with standard size lenses and vice versa. Asian fit lenses are specific to Asian fit frames tho (on the flak 2.0).

I'm looking to buy my first pair of Oakleys, but looking for frame suggestions. I'm going with the maritime prizm lenses with the flak 2.0 XL frames, but I'm hoping someone here can give some feedback on the SI flak 2.0 XL vs the thin blue line.

Is the SI version any different from the original flak 2.0? Will other flak 2.0 lenses fit in the SI version? And would you recommend the thin blue line over the standard or vice versa? Thanks for any help!
The SI version is just matte black with no logo on the nosebridge usually, but there are different collections. The Prizm maritime lenses are awesome. Very versatile. If it’s just a standard fit frame, you’ll be able to swap in other flak 2.0 lenses (XL or non) later on.

Not sure what you mean by this part. The XL lenses will fit in a frame that came with standard size lenses and vice versa. Asian fit lenses are specific to Asian fit frames tho (on the flak 2.0).
Was told differently that xl lens go into xl frames, and likewise non xl lens go into non xl frames. Even SportRX said in response on YouTube to the question of interchangeability.

Was told differently that xl lens go into xl frames, and likewise non xl lens go into non xl frames. Even SportRX said in response on YouTube to the question of interchangeability.
XL only refers to the size of the lens. The frame is one size. The XL and standard lenses are interchangeable in the Flak 2.0 frame.

Yes I'm aware it only refers to the lens but was told the latching was somehow different and was responded to the same from SportRX.
If you’re talking about Flak XLJ vs. Flak 2.0 XL, then no, they are not compatible. But if the frame on the 2.0 is exactly the same no matter what lens it comes with(excluding asia fit) then why would the latching be any different between the XL or standard? It’s not.

If you’re talking about Flak XLJ vs. Flak 2.0 XL, then no, they are not compatible. But if the frame on the 2.0 is exactly the same no matter what lens it comes with(excluding asia fit) then why would the latching be any different between the XL or standard? It’s not.
Talking about just the Flak 2.0, and I'm not disagreeing with you if you've confirmed it yourself, just saying reasource (SportRX when asked for example) and even vault employees told me different since it's be nice to get either model and just switch the lens by availability.

Talking about just the Flak 2.0, and I'm not disagreeing with you if you've confirmed it yourself, just saying reasource (SportRX when asked for example) and even vault employees told me different since it's be nice to get either model and just switch the lens by availability.
Okay.

Back