• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Flak Jacket 2.0

Grabbed this screenshot from an Oakley Ad featuring Matt Kemp... could he be wearing the new Flaks?

upload_2015-2-20_12-41-6.png

It's the hinge that really throws me... Looks like the women's frame RPM...

Other than that I can't really find fault in the frame... I wonder what the real improvements are to call those 2.0 besides that tiny port in the ear stems...

Polarized lenses give me migraines, mess with depth perception and as I am not on the water except for a whale watch now and then are just literally a headache to me an I met 2 people at my o store last week with same problem. I have. Lot going on with bad nearsightedness color blindness and a vestibular condition all of which contribute. Hey I won't be a hater I think personally the old look is classier by far but that's just me. I only wear flks halfs and straight jackets and quarter jackets ( yeah really thin nose bridge here) and have about 100 down fom 300 so am set for while. If u like the new ones rock em if u can The return of Matte grey smoke is a positive for sure btw am talking abt Flaks no opinion on Jawbreaker either way but no uranium wouldn't be for me. I am probably older than a lot of forum members so that may have something to do with it. Can't wear yellow or white without looking silly but for cyclers etc they look ok I just think the new Flak really does not improve on a classic but to each their own

Last edited:
It's the hinge that really throws me... Looks like the women's frame RPM...

Other than that I can't really find fault in the frame... I wonder what the real improvements are to call those 2.0 besides that tiny port in the ear stems...

I'm curious to what the functional advantages are, too. All I can make out is the larger/longer contact area of the rubbers. Never tried the original Flak, but I know the M2's extended earsocks do nothing for me. I think O has shifted from the concept of a "surge port" to take in air and instead are opting to create outlets for ventilation now. Makes sense to me if that was the case, but it kinda sucks that it carries to the Radar EV because "surge ports" were a bit of a signature feature.

Looks are each to their own. I'm torn as it's clean and sharp, but a little too simple. Simple is nice in its own way, but this is Oakley.

Back