• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Flak Jacket 2.0

Anti-freeze is somewhat clear/transparent?

YEP! All that I've seen, and the pair I have would/could not be described as Matte coloring now that I think about it. Perhaps they are Antifreeze....and I lucked out with a really rare pair? Hey, its possible :)

Kuztomized

Added a couple better pics, lil better light.

View attachment 134662

View attachment 134663

The icon placement and surrounding details are very reminiscent of the Radarlock. Apparently that hole is entirely blocked off though.

Any chance you can post the Radars? If not totally understand. I'm just struck by how you don't find it to be matte to start so maybe there is something unique about your pair.

The icon placement and surrounding details are very reminiscent of the Radarlock. Apparently that hole is entirely blocked off though.

Any chance you can post the Radars? If not totally understand. I'm just struck by how you don't find it to be matte to start so maybe there is something unique about your pair.

I'll try to get a quick picture, when questioned on the new stuff I tend to defer to the more experienced. That's why I said what I said earlier. The frame I have is as another described, sort of translucent (vs. the Matte coloring). I'll get a pic, we'll sort it out :)

I haven't got a pic yet, but I've done a lil research and it appears I'm dealing with Matte Uranium. Its amazing how tight lipped Oakley has been on the topic :) Guess it'll make the actual Release all that much more exciting.

Thanks for the help here guys, I can only assume they were handed to me as Antifreeze simply because that's the closest thing he could figure them to be. Matte Uranium is definitely something commencing with the next round of releases..... Ultimately I'll pry sell, if not limited edition and no real collector value I'll pass them along as there's zero chance I'm wearing this color lol.

To my knowledge only metal frames and Oakley cases, generally, were made in China. Heck all the cases and microfiber/microclear bags are made in china or bangladesh. Honestly, I find the quality just as nice.....but time will tell. Bottom line is that none of us really want to embrace "made in China" lol, i get it. Its too bad really, with Luxottica taking over yeras ago it was bound to happen

Back