• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Flak Jacket XLJ vs. Flak Jacket 2.0

image.jpg

I really like the original Flaks but after trying on a pair of the 2.0 at my local Ostore I really want a pair of them. They are a lot nicer than I thought they were from pictures.

My issue is I can't seem to find the sapphire iridium polarized in flak jacket xjl
You can find the original Flak Jacket XJL with polarized Saphire Iridium lenses at Sunglass Hut stores. The Saphire Iridium Flak Jackets XLJ and the Ruby Iridium Flak Jacket XLJ were released by Oakley months ago as a Sunglass exclusive for 90 days. I still have not seem them on the Oakley web site but I am assuming you can still get them at Sunglass Hut. I got the Ruby Flaks. :)

The Flak 2.0 is definitely my go-to. After getting the 2.0 in I quickly sold all of my original Flak Jacket XLJs. To me the improvement was so much that I didn't even want the old ones any more. The lenses are larger and fit my face better. The frames are lighter (at least SEEM lighter) and the style upgrades are awesome. I own just about every lens version that Oakley has made for the 2.0s and I've even had some others custom cut (to get colors that Oakley doesn't offer). I tend to go with Fuse lenses (Zeiss versions) or Revant for aftermarket lens choices.

Edit.....Forgot to add..... If Jesus were alive today he would be rockin' the Flak 2.0 (even at night).
Also Elvis, Johnny Cash, and Michael Jackson.

Latest Posts

Back