• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Flak XLJ vs Flak 2.0 XLJ

Take close up pics of the icons and post them

Seller claims it is golden.

I am training for a marathon and wanted to get a pair of new running glasses. I want to make sure I get the right ones. Many thanks and also open to other suggestions as well.

What do you like about the Flak frames? It might help generate some other suggestions.

I prefer Flak Jacket XLJ aesthetically over Flak 2.0 XL. As Trump mentioned, the FJ frame is a lot stiffer, changing lenses on the Flak 2.0 is a lot easier. Another thing to consider is that Flak 2.0 is newer, one of Oakley's best sellers, and gets a lot of support from Oakley. FJ is starting to get some of the Prizm lenses as replacement options, but almost every Oakley lens is available for Flak 2.0

I used to run and cycle in FJ and found they'd fog. It happened mostly when cycling, but it sometimes happened in colder weather when running. I found the dual lens and frame shape just trapped air that eventually my body would heat up. I switched to a vented lens by Tifosi because it fit better with my helmet when cycling. I now use a big vented shield because I find it has better airflow, and Oakley has also paid more attention to making its sunglasses work with helmets. The same is true for running, I find the shield style lenses have better airflow, with or without vents. I run wearing Radar EV.

Back