• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Flexion Gloves Chemical Smell

Gf366

Oakley Beginner
I am wondering if anyone has ever found a way to get rid of the horrible rubber-chemical smell that the Flexion gloves come with. They're nice gloves but whatever Oakley did to make the rubber pieces is very malodorous. I've soaked them in different types of soap, I've put them in the washing machine, and I've left them out in the sun and the smell is still there.
oakley_si_flexion_gloves_black_31000.1425305257.1280.1280__44208.1459520332.1280.1280.jpg

Aside from airing out + time, you could try borax with laundry detergent in warm water and washing by hand. Alternatively, try using fairly warm (not hot) vinegar and add in baking soda. Can't remember what else you should do as it was something my ex used to do for my paintball pants/jersey so maybe try googling "baking soda vinegar clothes." This is all a guess

I run the same gloves once in a while and even people on my team comment on how odd they smell. Have had them for over a year and the smell hasn't gone.

Try out the Transition Tactical gloves...Oakley finally got it right with goat skin palms instead of the pittards leather used on all the others.

I have since bought a pair of the Transition tactical's and the Flexion are up for sale on ebay...I am just bummed because I really liked the look of the Flexion.
Thanks for your help!

Just be cautious when donning the gloves not to pull too hard on the cuff. I've had two pairs split cuff seams so far. SI has been good about replacing them, but it may be a bit of a design weakness.

Latest Posts

Back