• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley FMJ Watch eBay listing

Ha ha ha!!! Mr. 405 knows what's up!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As Medusa kept pointing out, there were 13 bidders on that auction, consisting of 12 idiots and 1 player. You look at these people going back and forth putting in maximum bids just high enough to take the lead then getting outbid again. With plenty of time left on the auction. They think that strategy is going to work?

I mean, I can understand rookie behavior (Mr. Zero Feedback may have been a shill but he also could have been a non-ebayer who joined just for that auction) but c'mon, how can you get up to 100+ feedback without figuring it out yet? That i***c dude has 1061 feedbacks and he made five small-increment bids! Seriously? Bidding like that, how much money has he thrown away on the auctions he's actually won, driving up his final price with early back-and-forth?

The only one who knew how to play sniped with 3 seconds left and won it. That's how you do it. Last second you snipe with your TRUE maximum bid, one not based on the current bid or other people but what truly is the max you'll pay for the item, and either you win or you lose.

All that other activity, the only one winning there is the seller.

It would have been much more interesting to see that auction sit for 10 days with no bids then have a flurry of activity in the final seconds with only one man left standing. Like the climax of an Akira Kurosawa film, samurai who only drew their swords at the last second for a single killing stroke...

Sometimes they do. I dont doubt there was at least one shill bidder in there. I sold a subaru on ebay 10 years ago and I got all freaked out there was no bids yet. Had my buddy bid it up a bit.

Back