• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley FMJ Watch eBay listing

That is correct. But; not on a used product. I disagree with the resell value. It should still be less then retail price of 9 thousand. All other watches follow those standards.

If it's brand new in Box like Frank. I think the limited edition Unused should be able to sell for more then market value
Not sure how the most recent one could be considered used. If there was a choice between one that was worn, displayed vs one covered in spider webs I know which way I'd go. Seriously how could you degrade one like what sold recently? They are all equally old. I do believe there are examples that have been neglected as we have seen before. Factually speaking they only made 100 so the rarity speaks for itself. I picked up a red timebomb for less than what it cost brand new but nobody was falling over themselves for it when it was new or now for that matter. Still had the tag inside $1500 slashed to just $550

I do agree, someone got a deal. How good of a deal is up to interpretation. I was under the impression that the one that sold a few weeks back would have helped the market. The only other side of the coin is, how many people are actually even in that market? You have to assume that at least 25% of the original 100 were worn regularly and are not in top condition. So, realistically, there are less than 75 NIB left, so I still say it is one of the most rare items Oakley has ever made, aside from the singles items they made. Mine was as close to new in box as you could get, truly. It was a day of mixed emotions when I dropped it off to ship. I hope the buyer enjoys it, because honestly that is all I was interested in. I literally have a handful of items left out of my entire collection. You should see my 60 day selling total on my ebay profile o_O

I do want to comment on the market for Oakley. Truth be told, I don't know that we will ever again see the market that we all saw up until 2/3 years ago. I think Oakley as a brand has changed. There are some really good things that have happened with Oakley but I think limited edition stuff will slowly fade away...just my take on it! What that does to the items in existence is again up for debate.

This thread has been fun to watch...28 pages long about a "dumb watch" :)...a really cool "dumb watch"! I've always said, it was the coolest thing I've ever owned.

I think the store in my town sold the most C-Sixes in the country. Not a big city. Not even an Oakley store. A lot of money went through here a couple years ago. That's when I went on my Oakley binge. Starting to come back again now.
I've got close friends in your neck of the woods in Williston. It's a small town indeed. I visited on a hunting trip several years ago and enjoyed my time there. What store are you referring to there if you don't mind me asking?

I do agree, someone got a deal. How good of a deal is up to interpretation. I was under the impression that the one that sold a few weeks back would have helped the market. The only other side of the coin is, how many people are actually even in that market? You have to assume that at least 25% of the original 100 were worn regularly and are not in top condition. So, realistically, there are less than 75 NIB left, so I still say it is one of the most rare items Oakley has ever made, aside from the singles items they made. Mine was as close to new in box as you could get, truly. It was a day of mixed emotions when I dropped it off to ship. I hope the buyer enjoys it, because honestly that is all I was interested in. I literally have a handful of items left out of my entire collection. You should see my 60 day selling total on my ebay profile o_O

I do want to comment on the market for Oakley. Truth be told, I don't know that we will ever again see the market that we all saw up until 2/3 years ago. I think Oakley as a brand has changed. There are some really good things that have happened with Oakley but I think limited edition stuff will slowly fade away...just my take on it! What that does to the items in existence is again up for debate.

This thread has been fun to watch...28 pages long about a "dumb watch" :)...a really cool "dumb watch"! I've always said, it was the coolest thing I've ever owned.

Btw a really cool take. I enjoyed reading your post and really appreciate o members like you. I've sold items here that I could of made more on eBay; but I trust the o members on here and it's better to know that it's going in good hands. When you have an item as valuable as the FMJ you have no choice but to go with eBay.

Still my take is limited edition is something that we create in our head to assume a higher value. I wish they would of made more kill switch diamond bezels. I know atleast 10-15 people that would of enjoyed one. But of course with the limited market and the crazy markup value makes it almost impossible to validate buying one.

Cheers

Steve

Hey Guys! I have my original FMJ Oakley Watch 80/100 with original display box, and all accessories for sale, only used 5 times, so basically new. If someone is interested I'm happy to give more info.

Back